Saturday, January 1, 2011

Reliving last year

I started out last year on a very bad note.  My car broke down on my way to visit my mom's for the annual family New Year's party and I ended up waiting in the freezing cold for a tow truck for two hours with "Temptation" and the dog, then had to take a cab the next day to pick up my car.  There was also a considerable amount of stress regarding my weight, relationships with "Temptation" and my friends (or lack thereof), getting a very complicated tax return done without breaking the bank, and feeling very over worked as the Client Relationship Manager for two technology companies.

But there were a lot of good things from last year too.  "Temptation" and I celebrated our second year together as a couple and our first year together under the same roof.  I got a promotion at work that led to more income and less stress and allowed me to trade in my car for something better.  We went to several great concerts together including Angels & Airwaves, Godsmack, Five Finger Death Punch, AFI, Puscifer, Tool, Sick Puppies, Really Big Fish, and Shinedown.  Our dog survived being spayed and having five mammary lumps surgically removed; our adorable little kitten turned into a very handsome cat, and I saw the ocean for the first time in my life.  Here are a few pictures of 2010.

Casper the kitten (2009)
 
Casper the cat (2010)
Piper Marie (2010)







Easter (2010)

My Egg to "Temptation"
and his egg to me


Extreme Thing Concert & X-Games (June 2010)
Caricature drawing of "Temptation" and I
"Temptation" & I together













"Temptation" @ Extreme Thing

Me @ Extreme Thing















Father's Day (June 2010)
"Temptation" & my dad playing golf
Mom, dad, "Temptation" & I after golf












Concerts (Summer 2010)
Angels & Airwaves ("Breathe" is our song)


Godsmack













"Temptation's" Birthday (October 2010)
Us @ "Fright Dome" w/actor
Us @ Carl's Jr. (where he wanted to go)















 My Birthday (November 2010)
A present from "Temptation"
A present from "Temptation"














You've already seen the Christmas pictures and aside from shopping we didn't do anything to celebrate New Years Eve so no pictures of that.  Speaking of last night, when I got off work we went to the bank to cash "Temptation's" check; then went to Wal-Mart to pick up yarn for the blanket I'm making for him; then hit Michael's, JoAnne's, and Hobby Lobby looking for a yarn that has, apparently, been discontinued; then went to Sears to exchange a broken rice cooker we got for Christmas; and then to dinner at Macaroni Grill.  After all of that we came home, I did my crunches while "Temptation" played Call of Duty and then we sent an early Happy New Year text message to our friends and family, silenced our phones and went to bed at 11.


Food:
5 glasses of water
1 cup of coffee w/creamer
1 turkey Reuben, w/salsa instead of Russian dressing
1 - 2 item combo from panda express
>>veggie chow mein
>>orange chicken
>>mandarin chicken
-----------------------------------
Daily Caloric Intake: 1411



Activity:
2 hours furniture/mattress shopping

I didn't do much in the way of activity again today because, after running around last night, my thigh froze up (slightly) at dinner and I realized that even though I felt just fine all day yesterday and today, I really am hurt and pressing my luck would only lead me to trouble.  The mattress shopping was much needed though and we're hoping it will help me with the terrible sleep problems I've had for the past 14 months.  We took our time, trying out nearly every mattress in the show room, laying on each one in every possible position; side, stomach, back, sitting up, snuggling, not snuggling ... you name it.  The temperpedic bed sucked us into it so deeply that it was like a work-out just to roll over or get out of the bed.  The new one arrives on Tuesday and I really can't wait for it to get here.

2 comments:

  1. Awww, Casper and Piper. They are adorable. You two make a cute couple. We just got a new bed too - heavenly.

    And cute shoes!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh you guys are a cute couple!
    Thats the great thing about life..It is ever changing!

    ReplyDelete