Monday, January 24, 2011

Eleventh Weigh-In

Another 2.5 lbs down.  Probably not as good as I could have done had it not been for yesterday's FUBAR but certainly better than another week posting 0.0!  I'm going for another 14 mile week on the treadmill and would like to incorporate some weight exercises like I did last week because I felt the tummy one in my abs all day yesterday.  Finals for school are next week so I want to make sure I have a really great week this week just in case finals take up too much of my time next week and hamper my activity logs.

The friends we met up with at the sports bar last night want to do the Rock N' Roll marathon in December also so they're going to start training for it so that we can all do it together; I mentioned the Butch Cassidy marathon in Utah and they may be interested in that also.  That would be fun to have someone to do the marathons with.  They also like to golf, as do "Temptation" and I so hopefully we'll be doing a lot of that over the summer too.

I decided yesterday that I really want to hike Angel's Landing in Zion again.  It's been years since I've climbed that mountain; I used to climb it once a week with my best friend growing up along with a lot of other hikes in the park but that one was always my second favorite.  My first favorite is the Subway but that's a back country hike that requires a lot of planning and as much as I want to think I'll be ready for it this summer, I'm not entirely sure if I really will.



Food:
7 glasses of water
1 cup of coffee w/creamer
1 cup prison soup (lunch)
2 cups prison soup (dinner)
2 slices bread (dry)
1 large whole pickle
---------------------------------
Daily Caloric Intake: 813



Activity:
Treadmill: 1 mile @ 3.3 mph w/30% incline
Treadmill: 1 mile @ 3.5 mph w/10% incline
Treadmill: .25 mile @ 3.3 mph w/20% incline



Tonight's Playlist:
---------------------
Puscifer: The Mission (again)
Evans Blue: The promise and the threat
Chevelle: The red
Nightwish: The siren
Evans Blue: The tease
Puscifer: the undertaker
Antonio Banderez: these boots were made for walking
Third Eye Blind: Semi Charmed Life
The Killers: Tranquilize
Rihanna: Umbrella
E Nomine: Vater Unser
Godsmack: Voodoo
Godsmack: Voodoo too

7 comments:

  1. Congrats on the loss, even after the football parties! Good luck with finals

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm training for my first ever 1/2 marathon. I'm planning 20 miles this week, total, not in one day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW what a GREAT place to "plug" Zion National Park, be great to fill this place with walkers/runners for the Butch Cassidy ---that would be running/walking with you, huh? Good job on the LOSS -------you should ALWAYS be thrilled with a LOSS, sweetie. Love you, mom
    P.S. good luck with Finals Week, I know you'll do GREAT, you ALWAYS DO!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, just wanted to comment congrats on the loss, but maybe you are in a slump and feeling lazy because you aren't eating?

    You are eating under 1200 calories on many of the days I looked at. A nutritionist would tell you to never go below 1200, and preferably not below 1300 at your current weight.

    The more you weigh, the more cals it takes for your body to perform normal functions, therefore you can eat more and still lose.

    I generally don't eat more than 1500, though I could and technically lose at 1600 about a lb and a half a week, but...I find if I go over 1500 I will start getting the urge to binge.

    I don't go below 1300 when I'm not exercising enough.

    I am 5'6 and my high weight was 299 and my current weight is 255. My loss is pretty steady at about 2-2.5 lbs a week.

    Look at what you're currently doing, living on water and soup and ask yourself if that is something you can do forever, because that's what this is, this is forever. you don't get to goal and just stop, you get to goal and maintain which is also a whole other world of commitment (I hear ;)

    Anyhow, I do wish you well.

    Also, I belong to a support forum and they have some saying around there that I thought were appropriate:

    "Motivation is fleeting, what you need is commitment."

    "It's about persistence, not perfection."

    and the always popular...

    "If you blow out a tire on the freeway you don't get out of your car and slash the other 3." --(in reference to eating 'off plan' one day and then blowing the rest of the week/month/however long until you get back on the wagon.)

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness I especially love that lost quote, that is a great one! Although the last week has been a whole lot of soup and water it's not been for dieting purposes so much as because I hate throwing anything out. You see, I made a pot of soup, which I thought was tasty, but my boyfriend refused to eat it. I can't stand wasting food, especially food that is only 200 calories per cup, so I have been eating a lot of it in an attempt to use it up before it goes bad. I could freeze it but my tupper-ware situation is limited right now and I don't really think this soup would freeze well. The good news is the soup is gone and I picked up a cookbook last night that is going to make cooking healthy and delicious a whole lot better.

    I am an original proponent of not eating less than 1200. In fact when I first started this journey a girl on caloriecount.com posted to the forums asking if she really had to eat 1200 a day because she just couldn't force herself to do it. I quickly replied and criticized her and said YES you need to eat AT LEAST 1200. No way someone who is over weight can't force themselves to eat 1200 calories.

    I am eating crow right now because my shift to 1000 or less has not been an intentional or conscious decision. As it turns out, when you start counting and picking better food options it becomes a lot harder to get 1200 calories in. Who knew? At least that's been the case for me. I will eat when I'm hungry, or eat when I know I should even if I'm not hungry (such as before I go to the gym because I know I will need the energy for working out). And yet at the end of the night when I add up everything it just happens to be coming out around 1,000 a day. I promise, I'm not trying to. And each day I consciously tell myself I have 1,200 or even 1,300 calories to spend at least but then each night there it is 8:30 - 9:00 and I'm sitting on 800-900 calories thinking "well it's too late at night to eat more and I'm not even hungry so I guess that will just have to do".

    This recipe book I picked up though has some really good ideas in it so I think we will see much better options and slightly higher counts in my future. The first pages of the book are "The 50 best grocery store items" which is something that I really need.

    A big part of my problem with changing my eating is that I don't really know how to change my shopping and that has to come first, I've realized. Since I no longer go for "the usual suspects" in the grocery store I tend to feel lost and confused on what to buy. I guess I spent so long buying the same foods (bad foods) that everything else in the store is foreign to me so I kind of wander aimlessly throwing random crap in my basket and then check-out with almost nothing but the crap "Temptation" grabs. Then I get home and have nothing in the house to eat because I won't eat all the crap he bought and I didn't buy much of anything for myself.

    This book, though, will help me plan entire meals so that I can go shopping with a list of things I will need. I'm really stoked about it. You're going to love tonight's post I promise. :)

    ReplyDelete