Monday, October 10, 2011

Weigh-In Break

I've decided that my scale is sabotaging me.  10 days ago I weighed 223 lbs, a new all-time low.  7 days ago I weighed 226 lbs.  This last week I went bowling, running, walking, used ankle weights, bunny hopped everywhere, and jumped up and down at both football and home as opposed to being idle and today I weigh 229.5.  I can't take this anymore.  The psychological effects of the ups and downs are messing with me and I need a break.

Snackers thinks the battery is dying on the scale because he thinks he should weigh more than it's telling him he does.  So maybe we do need a new battery, maybe we don't but I definitely need to just stop torturing myself for awhile.  I've decided that I am going to take 30 days off from weighing and see what happens; I'm also going to skip picture day on Friday.  I am still going to post my intake/activity every day, but for the next month I am going to focus on intake and activity rather than progress because my lack of such is wearing me down and making me want to quit.  Failure is temporary, giving up is permanent.  I am not going to give up - just shift my focus for a little while and see what happens.  Wish me luck.







Food:
120 oz of water
1 cup of coffee w/creamer
1 Fiber One bar
1 Healthy Choice lunch
1 dollar menu burger
4 carrots and 2 tsps of peanut butter
1 chocolate donut
1 glass of wine
-------------------------
Daily Caloric Intake: 1,360
(horrible, I know. I don't know what was wrong with me today!)





Activity:
Jumped up and down 200 times while waiting for my lunch to cook.
Sprinting: raced Snackers across the parking lot both ways - total approx. 140 yards

2 comments:

  1. I have had this very same experience. I am not a whiner or prone to make excuses but I have been in control and weighed 203.5 and 209.5 in the same few days. I guess it's proof the scale is not our only indicator of success but it sure throws us doesn't it? We cannot let that durn thing determine our life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sorry but you are still under eating and your body is fighting you for every cal :( Check out CC and read the posts from so many people that tried this method and it didn't work. I don't care if you don't "feel" like you are starving. You are malnourshing your body with this low cal intake and it is letting you know it IS NOT happy by holding onto everything it can.

    ReplyDelete