Saturday, November 5, 2011

Pain Pays

Sometimes it really is best to rest an injury and give it time to heal.  Sometimes the old adage "walk it off" is appropriate, depending on the nature of the injury.  Yesterday when I woke up my foot hurt bad but I swore I would do JJ's as soon as I woke up so I did them.  At 9:00 a.m. on my first 10 minute break I did ten more and it hurt, but when I stopped doing them and walked into the kitchen for water I was surprised to find that my foot hurt less than it had before I did the JJ's.  At 11 a.m. on my second 10 minute break I did 50 more, then more at 1 when I went to lunch and more just before my break ended at 2 and then 50 more when I got off work.  By the time I did my last set of 50 right before bed I was barely limping at all.  This morning, no pain.  It's still super bruised but the swelling is mostly gone and I feel no pain at all.

I guess it's like the PF.  Stretching it in the morning hurt but, ultimately, helped it heal overall.  I'm now thinking maybe I had jammed my toes and the jumping jacks helped stretch them out.  I did that with my thumb once playing softball and my dad grabbed it and yanked on it and I was SO PISSED at him for doing it (I was like ... 7, tops) but it instantly felt better.  Odd sometimes how our bodies work.  I'm glad I'm not down for recovery though - I was going to be really pissed if I woke up hurting this morning.




Food:
108 oz of water
1 cup of coffee w/creamer
3 oz thinly sliced prime rib
>>over poached eggs, toast
>>tomato slices, and salsa
1 homemade turkey chili dog
1 calorie free virgin margarita
----------------------------------
Daily Caloric Intake: 1,202






Activity:
Jumping Jacks: 50
Walking: 2.8 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment