Thursday, November 10, 2011

Fitful Dreams

I had some absolutely horrible dreams last night and I can't even remember them now.  I just know that I woke up several times in the middle of the night, upset about something.  They weren't scary - I woke up feeling like I'd been fighting with someone and getting nowhere in the process so I was frustrated and angry.  I would wake up, realize it was a dream, go back to sleep, and be awake again within an hour because of another dream - or maybe it was the same dream and I just kept picking up where I'd left off every time I went back to sleep.  I'm not sure because I never remembered exactly what the dreams were about.

It's funny because I honestly can't remember the last time I had an actual scary dream.  For years my nightmares have been centered around arguing with various people because they weren't grasping a concept that was incredibly simple.  Instead of jerking awake in fear I always wake up angry and aghast that whomever I'm arguing with in my dreams could be so daft.  I'm not sure why I've been having dreams like that - they say dreams are the brains way of dealing with subconscious situations but I don't feel overly frustrated with anyone and I'm always arguing with someone different in each dream (when I can remember them, that is).

I had a dream once a few years ago where some strange guy showed up with a kid, claiming it was mine, and my mom just openly accepted that as fact.  So I was frustrated and pissed off because I couldn't make either of them understand that if I had a kid I WOULD know about it because I would have been the one that would have had to give birth to it! lol.  When I woke up and calmed down it was hilarious but during the dream, which seemed so real, I was furious!  I'm sure Freud would have had a field day analyzing my crazy messed up dreams if he'd had the chance.  Ah well.  I'm awake now and all is well.




Food:
120 oz of water
1 cup of coffee w/creamer
1 Healthy Choice Lunch
1 bowl of chili w/lime and cayenne
1/2 serving sunflower seeds
--------------------------------
Daily Caloric Intake: 937




Activity:
Jumping Jacks: 300
Running: 0.6 miles
Yoga: 45 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment