Sunday, August 21, 2011

Sleeping In

Well it wasn't a restful sleep past 6 a.m. but I did manage to doze in an out of sleep until almost 9 o'clock.  For me that's just wow!  I originally woke up to the sound of Casper cracking his knuckles on the edge of the bed, the next time I woke up it was to Vladdy whining in his kennel because he thought we should be awake, the third time was to Kody Joe mewing under the bed, and finally when my mom blew up my phone with political rhetoric text messages.

There are few things in the world more annoying than people who complain endlessly about politics and political figures - especially when those same people haven't cast a single vote in over 20 years.  America is a Democratic Republic, if someone doesn't like the current elected officials they can cast their vote at the next election.  We haven't had a single, solitary president in my entire life span that my parents didn't hate and complain about endlessly and they know that I don't agree with about 65% of their political views and that I really hate mass text messages but my mom insists on including me in her bombardments anyway because she's too lazy to select individual people rather than just hit "select all" from her phone's address book.

So at 9 a.m. on a Sunday morning my phone goes off.  That's ok, I think, I can ignore it.  But before my phone even finishes playing the theme from Star Trek Voyager it cuts off and starts over, meaning text message #2 is coming in ... then a third.  So I get out of bed, worried that if it doesn't stop it's going to wake Shawn and then he'll be pissed.  I go to my phone and it says "Your inbox is full, would you like to deleted stored messages?"  I hit 'no' because I'm never sure if saying yes will delete the unread messages and then I open the first of the three new messages.  I see the first two words "President Obama" and instantly delete it because I know that the rest of it is going to just be bitching about one thing or another.  The instant I delete the first message another one comes in and my phone asks me if I want to empty so now, knowing that all these texts are just political ramblings from my mother I select yes and a fifth text instantly hits my phone.  ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!  No initial 'hey are you awake?' message, no 'have you heard?', no consideration for the fact that I've asked her a thousand times to stop shoving her political opinions down my throat, just five text messages in less than five minutes and she wonders why there are certain people who won't even speak to her anymore because of political differences.  *sigh*

Well now I feel better.




Food:
120 oz. of water
2 cups of coffee w/creamer
1 chicken wrap
1/2 serving seasoned fries
20 oz diet life water (0 cal)
1 fish burrito
1 glass white wine
--------------------------------
Daily Caloric Intake: 1,247




Activity:
Clothes Shopping: 60 min
Grocery Shopping/Speed Walking Walmart: 90 min
Unloaded the car / put groceries away
Filled 2 holes dug by Vladdy in the yard
Bathed/Wrestled Vladdy

2 comments:

  1. bahahahahhahaha...this made me laugh out loud. Primarily because I have been dodging texts and emails from my mom all weekend because she is mad at me for mentioning her in my blog. Hope your situation works out differently...LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My mom decided months ago that she was too busy to read my blog. lol

    ReplyDelete