Thursday, August 25, 2011

6 Miles and Counting

Yeah baby!  Monday it was really hard to leave Snackers home while I went and did my three miles because I wanted to spend every second of available time that I had with him but I did it anyway because I also want to get back to losing some weight again.  It wasn't so bad, it only took an hour or so and then we hung out together and played canasta when I got home.  Last night I went with him to football practice and walked around the park for three miles.  That's 6 miles this week and counting!

It took me a little while to develop a routine at the park last night, I started out thinking I was going to just circle the football field but as practice got underway I realized that there really wasn't anywhere to get from one side of the end-zone to the other without getting in the way so I started lapping the entire area via the roads that circle it.  I was walking on the grass in the shade during one leg of each lap but the grass was full of holes and, yep, I got caught not paying attention for 20 seconds and ended up on my butt.  Thankfully I didn't hurt my ankle stepping in the hole.  You know how sometimes you realize that you're going to fall down and trying to not fall down will only cause you injury?  That's what happened, I felt my ankle start to roll in the hole and I just pretty much took a butt-dive instead.  So then I realized that 3 minutes of shade wasn't worth a twisted ankle and stuck to the sidewalks and roads.

It only took about 6 laps around the entire area to get to 6,000 + steps.  Then I hung out on the mom-blanket for awhile to drink some water and watch practice.  Then walked another 250 steps back to the car.  I'm going to go again tonight.  Weeeee.

p.s. Mini-beef.  Don't you just hate it when you ask someone a multiple choice question and their answer is "yes"?  Pet peeve #3.5.





Food:
140 oz of water
1 cup of coffee w/creamer
1 Fiber One bar
1 banana
2 cups meatloaf
1 fish burrito
2 small gatorades
------------------------------
Daily Caloric Intake: 1,202




Activity:
Walking: 3 + miles

1 comment:

  1. Football practice has taken over my walking place which is the local high school track..... boys of fall are back!

    ReplyDelete