Thursday, August 11, 2011

Missionaries

So I was late publishing last night's post again.  Sorry.  After my workout I let the dogs out in the back yard and was out there with them when I heard a knock at the front door.  I didn't want to go in to answer it so I just hooted a 'hello' from the back yard and missionaries poked their head around the corner so I invited them back to the yard for a seat and a chat.  Missionaries aren't supposed to go in a house if only females are present (male missionaries that is, of course) and I know that so I told them Snackers wasn't home and we hung out in the yard instead.  They are good boys, one is from Zambia and the other from Connecticut but they have very similar interests so I really enjoyed talking with them.  We didn't talk religion at all - which is preferred by me and I think they found it refreshing to just have a normal conversation and relax.  I needed that.  I told them we'll have a pizza party since no one feeds missionaries pizza - it's an oversight that has been around for YEARS!

Snackers came home with supper while we were chatting so they bid a friendly adieu, Snackers and I had supper together and then he left for his night jobs.  I don't know how long he'll be able to sustain this work, followed by football, followed by night work with 1 - 2 hour blocks of sleep in between.  He sounds like he's getting sick.  I think he's over stretching himself a little but he loves football so I hope it works out for him.  I have been feeding him Vitamin C pills every day hoping to stave off illness but there are just no substitutes for sleep.

After Snackers left for work last night I took a bath and fell asleep in the tub.  When I woke up I was too tired to even wash my hair, let alone post so I just went straight to bed.  I will try to improve my posting promptness.





Food:
8 glasses of water
1 cup of coffee w/creamer
1 fiber one bar
1 healthy choice lunch
1 homemade grilled chicken sandwich
>>on sourdough w/muenster
>>tomato, onion, & franks
2 bites of flan
8 oz green tea & ginger ale
----------------------------
Daily Caloric Intake: 1,271




Activity:
Walking: 3 miles
Stretching: 20 minutes
Sprinting w/Vladdy: just for fun

No comments:

Post a Comment