Saturday, August 27, 2011

An Early Start

Hi blog-family!!!  We all know how super annoying it can be to be woken up earlier than desired in the morning but, as I experienced today, it can also be rewarding, if you make the most of it.  Vladdy woke me up this morning whining and refused to stop, someone had to potty weeely weeely badwy!  When I finally rolled out of bed he was shaking so much his whole kennel was vibrating and the second I let him out of it he ran to the back door in desperation.  GOOD BOY!  Ok, so he woke me up, but clearly he was just trying to avoid being a naughty doggy and pottying in the house.  That's not normal for him but he did drink a gallon of water or more at the dog park last night so it was also understandable.

Originally I tried to go back to bed but as I lay there realizing I that wasn't going to happen I decided that 6 a.m. on a Saturday morning was as good a time for exercise as any.  I always have a hard time finding the motivation to exercise in the evenings when Snackers is home so why not do it in the morning while he's still sleeping right?  So I got up, got dressed, leashed the Vladdy-Monster and headed out.  We did a 1.5 mile walk and ran 10 laps across the recreation field before checking the mail and coming home.  To be honest, Vladdy was in a special mood and I was far too close to losing my patience with him than I wanted to be.

When I got home I fled the little monster, made coffee, kissed Snackers goodbye for work and took a long, luxurious bath / self-pamper session and I am feeling quite accomplished and content.  It's one thing to take a shower, shave, wash my hair, pluck my eyebrows, trim my nails, lotion up etc. but it always feels perfectly wonderful when I do all of those things at once and can sit back and relax all pink and smooth and squishy.




Food:
120 oz of water
1 cup of coffee w/creamer
1 banana
1 Fiber One bar
1 serving chips and salsa (lunch)
1 can energy drink
2 dolmades
2 falafel
1 small spanakopita sample
Small salad w/vinaigrette
1 tbsp hummus
------------------------
Daily Caloric Intake: 1,065




Activity:
Walking Vladdy: 1.5 mile
Sprints (morning): 10
Shopping: 3 hours (More on this tomorrow)
Sprints (evening): 6

No comments:

Post a Comment