Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Woke Up Sore

Yep ... that's how you know that you've been slacking and trying to pass moderate activity as a work out.  When you wake up sore one morning and realize it's been awhile since your body has been sore.  I slept like a lump of hematite last night, no joke.  Went to bed around 10 pm and was out cold throughout the entire night.  I didn't wake up to potty, look at the clock, move the dog, or even steal the covers back from Snackers.  I was just out, solid, down for the count ... I may have even been snoring.  Why?  Because I did some real, legitimate exercise last night at the dog park and it felt groovy.  My legs are sore, especially on the insides of my thighs which I think is from all the fast stopping and turning while sprinting that I was doing with Vladdy.  I'm certain that stopping and changing directions like that has to build some kind of muscle because it takes a lot of effort to stop a forward momentum and change it.  Football players do that during practice so there must be a good reason for it, I enjoy doing it because I feel all athletic and cool, and Vladdy loves it when I do that because it makes running more of a game for him.

Now for the bad news.  His legs are sore today, specifically his back legs.  He stood up to exit his kennel this morning when I took him out and as he went to stretch he whimpered and sat down very quickly.  I got him to his feet and we went downstairs to let him potty but he had a hell of a time coming back up the stairs.  I think it happened when a big German Shepard rolled him a few times and one of the times he got bowled over and yelped.  The other dog was being awfully bully-ish and whoever owned it wasn't doing anything so I stepped in with the Cesar Milan shhht and touch and surprisingly it worked!  After the third or fourth time the other dog stopped stalking Vladdy and went off to play with bigger dogs but I think Vladdy should have tonight off to recover, plus I have to do a 15 slide PowerPoint Presentation on Zion National Park for my geology final that I want to get done early so that I can have the rest of the week to work on my 66 question math final.  Go figure ... a perfectly good excuse to rationalize slothfulness.  Yay (sarcasm).




Food:
8 glasses of water
1 cup of coffee w/creamer
1 Fiber One bar
1 serving leftover taco pie (lunch)
1 serving homemade chicken pizza on wheat flatouts
>>chicken, marinara, part-skim mozzarella
>>olive, onion, cilantro, tomatoes
>>1/2 of a skinless chicken breast, baked and cubed
1 100 calorie snack pack
--------------------------
Daily Caloric Intake: 1,219



Activity:
5 flights of stairs
Cooked dinner
Nothing: It is now 10:44 p.m., Snackers is at his night jobs, I need to take Vladdy out but I have spent the whole night working on my stupid powerpoint final (it's done and submitted) and I am freakin' exhausted.  I'm having a hard time staying awake long enough to even type this post.  G'night.

No comments:

Post a Comment