Tuesday, June 28, 2011

For the Love of Tacos

I love fish tacos.  A well made fish taco with lettuce, cilantro, lime juice, and pico is easily one of my most favorite foods ever.  I admit, I prefer freshly cooked ahi tuna over the salmon I had last night but it is also about twice the price.  Either way, they are an amazing, delicious, and (if prepared well) exceptionally healthy meal.

First, you take your fresh tuna steak and you sprinkle it heavily with salt and pepper, maybe a little paprika or chili powder if you like but I think even just salt and pepper and the natural flavor of the fish is fantastic.  Then you preheat just 1 - 2 Tbsps of EVOO in a super hot pan and cook for about 3 - 4 minutes on each side depending on how thick the steaks are and whether or not you like them slightly rare in the middle like I do.

Next you warm your tortillas a little in the foreman grill while your fish rests for about 5 minutes to seal in the juices before cutting.  To compile you just toss some fish, chopped romaine lettuce, full sprigs of cilantro, and a spoonful of homemade pico on top.  Finally, squeeze a lime wedge over the whole thing and enjoy.  Sorry I didn't get pictures ... they were just too tasty.



Food:
8 glasses of water
1 cup of coffee w/creamer
1 Healthy Choice lunch
1 Fresh & Easy meal
>>Pork loin slices w/apricot sauce (AWESOME!)
>>pumpkin couscous
>>asparagus
1/2 serving coffee ice cream
---------------------------------
Daily Caloric Intake: 1,138





Activity:
4 flights of stairs
100 push-ups
200 crunches

No comments:

Post a Comment