Wednesday, June 15, 2011

One-Oh-Seven

The news announced that today will be the hottest day of the year thus far at 107 degrees.  Wee.  It was 102 yesterday so a full five degree jump overnight.  Snackers is off work today and I am trying to talk him into taking the dog for a walk or something to exercise him because he is acting like a crazy lunatic but I slept in too late to take him before work (and it felt awesome).

My arms aren't nearly as sore as I expected them to be after 100 push ups yesterday.  Even more surprising was that I did the first 50 push ups during lunch yesterday and had to take two or three little pauses just to get them done but then I did the last 50 last night after work and breezed right through them.  I was even starting to worry that I was doing them wrong because I hit 25 without a struggle so I picked my feet up and balanced on my knees (yes I do girl push-ups for now).

I get to walk 3 miles tonight and I am really hoping it cools off significantly when the sun goes down or I'll be drenched in sweat before I even make it to the parking lot.  It's not just hot either, it's muggy.  I hate muggy weather.



Food:
9 glasses of water
1 cup of coffee w/creamer
1 slider & 1/2 a corn dog (Snackers' leftovers)
1 serving swiss chicken dinner (from comfort food diet cookbook)
-------------------------------------------
Daily Caloric Intake: 808



Activity:
2 flights of stairs
Walking: Laps around the inside of the dog park enclosure - 1 mile
Walking: Laps around the outside of my apartment complex - 1.5 miles and then things got interesting.  Vladdy laid down in the middle of the road and refused to get up.  He was panting really hard so I picked him up and put him over my shoulders with his butt on one shoulder, his front paws over the other shoulder and his tummy behind my neck and I carried him just over a quarter of a mile home, up the stairs and into the bath tub for a cool (just below room temp) bath to cool him down.  He weighs just over 36 lbs now so I am not going to sweat that last quarter of a mile.  I think it's safe to say that between walking too and from the car and the running around and playing I did with him at the park that weren't included in my mile count, plus carrying a 36 lb dog a quarter of a mile, I'm sure I broke even at the very least.  He's doing fine now, he laid down in the bath for a minute and then when we dried him off he drank some water, laid down in his kennel and started to chew on his bone so I think he'll be ok but I'm pooped!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment