Wednesday, March 16, 2011

What Was I Thinking?

So just two days ago I acknowledged that when I lose a lot of weight like this I have a tendency to slack off or start thinking I deserve a little splurge for all of my hard work and I told myself "not this time".  Then last night we hit our usual sports bar before softball (a place with plenty of healthier options to choose from) and I ordered nachos.  Now ... these nachos certainly aren't the worst nachos in the world but they're not the best either.  It's tortilla chips, cheese, pico, onions, olives, jalapenos and chicken.  They usually come with sour cream too but I always tell them to leave that off and just give me a little extra pico.  So they could be worse but they're also a huge portion and usually Snack Monkey helps me out with them quite a bit but last night he ordered sliders and a corn dog, filled up on one of three sliders and half the corn dog and I ended up way over-doing with the nachos; and my upset tummy made that fact quite clear to me.

This is just evidence that no matter how clear things look, one can always fall off the wagon if they let their guard down.  But, someone once told me that when you blow a tire on the freeway you don't get out and shoot holes in the other three; you change the tire and you get back on the road.  SO, that said: I am not going to let this one mistake become a pattern of self-destruction.  Tonight I'm making supper from the food bible again and I'm going to be back on the road with my food.  Exercise on the other hand, may be getting a slow start this weekend.  I'm still all messed up on my sleep schedule and it doesn't seem like it's going to get any better before the weekend.  I have a math exam due Friday so I started on it this morning and after 7 extremely intense, irritating, painful hours with it tonight I decided to put it away.  I'm just too tired to think straight anymore and right now I'm barely riding above a 60% grade on the exam.  This is really bad ... I'm floating a high A- in that class as it is and I really can't afford to go anywhere but up or my 4.0 is bye-bye.

Back on the topic of softball: I do have to admit that sitting there watching the games last night instead of walking laps around the field reminded me just how much I miss sitting there watching the games.  I mean, Snack Monkey is playing (and he had three AWESOME outfield catches I might add) but when I am walking laps I miss most of that.  Half the time my back is to part of the field and when I'm walking out beyond the outfield it's really bumpy terrain so I have to watch my feet and ... basically I just miss watching my hunny play and cheering him on.  I may need to re-think this softball walking thing.  I may have to just kick up the exercise on other days of the week so that I can enjoy the things that I missed the most about softball all through the winter.  For tonight, however, I think I'm going to just try to de-stress and catch up on my sleep.



Food:
6 glasses of water
1 cup of coffee w/creamer
1 Fiber One bar
1 lean cuisine meal (herb chicken, tasty)
3/4 serving lasagna rolls (food bible recipe)
1 banana nutella crepe
--------------------------------
Daily Caloric Intake: 1,307


WARNING: This is a public service announcement!  Do not, I repeat Do Not, try the banana nutella crepe recipe in the food bible.  Recent consumer information has led to the discovery of two potential hazards from this dish:

#1: If you have not eaten anything sweet or truly decadent in a long time there is a high probability that your taste buds will explode on impact!  This dish is too incredible for inexperienced eaters!

#2: If you have never tried nutella before I advise you maintain your distance!  This stuff is insanely delicious and no self-respecting dieter should be so gluttonous as to enjoy this amazing ingredient which has the consistency of peanut butter but tastes like melted Ferrero Rocher chocolates.

This was a colossal mistake on my part and now I have almost a whole bottle of nutella that I am going to have to lock in a safe or throw away because it will be far too tempting to have in the house.  Save yourselves!!!  Oh and one more thing, if you do try it ... be sure you have some skim milk on hand because you're going to need it!

4 comments:

  1. LOL on the tire visual. I hope you don't mind if I use that sometime. It's great! I love quotes and little sayings like that. This is just a pothole in the road to where you are going. Keep your emotions under control and keep things in perspective. We all make mistakes like this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ROFL I loved the public service announcement.

    Must purchase that bible!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I made homemade nutella and believe you me I won't be doing it again. It was heaven in a jar :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. chocolate toast is what my boys call it. LOL thanks for reminding me there is a jar in the cabinet! HMPH! lol

    ReplyDelete