Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Turned Weather

So on Thursday or Friday of last week I turned the heater off entirely because the weather had warmed so much.  That was probably the fourth or fifth time I've turned the heater off this year and it seems like it never fails, every time I turn it off the weather turns on me.  I had windows open until bed time all weekend long to let the nice cool night air infiltrate the apartment and then Monday night comes along and everything changed.  Last night was so bloody cold at the softball game that when we got home our feet were so cold they ached.  It doesn't help that last night's games were late games at 8:15 and 9:15.  I hate late games because it's so bloody cold, for one; and because by the time the second game ends it's practically 11:00 and way past my bed time.  I'm exhausted this morning and I slept terribly again last night.

It's funny I kept talking about how I couldn't wait for softball season to start because I missed the sunshine and the fun and the friends ... yet it's still so early in the year that it's always dark long before we get to the fields.  I could be wrong but it seems like the cold is sticking around later in the year this year than it usually does and I'm ready for it to move off.  I'm a desert rat so I know many of you don't think 50-60 degrees is cold but I'd take 120 degree heat over 50 degree cold any day.  My knee felt alright getting out of bed this morning so that's good.  I just walked from the bedroom to my office though so I haven't really tested it out.  I think it started hurting because of the cold; all of my old injuries have a tendency to do that to me.

Our friends from football season showed up at the softball game last night to cheer for Snack Monkey and we've made plans to go golfing, play basketball, and go horseback riding with them in the near future.  I'm really excited about all of those things; I love that just about everything we like to do they like to do too.  The more I've been thinking about my next goal to walk 18 holes the more I'm wondering if it's do-able.  Not because of me but because the course we play at (the only one around here that we can afford) is always pretty busy and walking holds people up.  There are a lot of par 3's on the course and you have to walk those but walking from green's to tee's might be a problem for other players.  I'm thinking I might go out there and just walk the cart path from start to finish so I can say I walked the 18 holes but I'd still like to play a round in the near future also.  Would that be cheating?  What do all of you think?



Food:
7 glasses of water
1 cup of coffee w/creamer
1 Fiber One bar
1 serving greek chicken salad
1 lean cuisine meal (chicken pesto)
8 oz reisling
-----------------------------------
Daily Caloric Intake: 1,043



Activity:
Walking: 5.5 miles (11,000 steps)

No comments:

Post a Comment