Sunday, March 6, 2011

Puppies and NASCAR

I slept like crap last night.  I woke up three times to go to the bathroom, Snack Monkey woke me up twice because he was making these stupid moaning noises in his sleep (kind of the way some dogs do) and then we were jolted awake this morning by a loud and forceful knock on the door.  First, allow me to explain a bit more about the moaning.  When you wake Snack Monkey up and he's in a certain kind of mood he does these dramatic, drawn out groans and loud sighs and he does one after the other until I tell him to shut up.  I don't know if he does it because he thinks he's funny or what the reason is really but it's one of the most annoying things he does.  He usually does this when I am awake and have woken him up on accident by climbing in/out of the bed to go to the bathroom but last night, for some reason, he just started doing this in the middle of the night ... twice.  And when I said "shhh" he said "it" and then started to giggle at himself for five minutes.  *rolls eyes*

Now, moving on to the knock on the door.  About a month ago my neighbor was taken away in an ambulance because she woke up one morning and couldn't move her legs.  I caught her hubby as he was putting the kids in the car to go to the hospital and I gave him my number and told him to call me if he needed me to feed their cats, or whatever else.  She was in the hospital for several days and after she'd been sent home I got a call from her husband because he'd been trying to call her and she wasn't answering her phone so he was worried about her.  I put on my shoes and went over to knock on the door, make sure she was ok, and let her know that he was trying to call her.

So this morning he knocked on the door and presented us with NASCAR tickets to thank us for being there for them when they needed us.  How sweet is that?  I'm not big on NASCAR but Snack Monkey swears he dreamed last night that we were at a race so I guess we're going.  We want to grab some breakfy first, then hit the adoption events at Petco to see what they've got in the way of puppies, and then go to the bank and cash his check.  After that we're heading to NASCAR ... I haven't followed the sport since Dale Earnhardt Sr. died, I'm mildly interested in following Danica because she's breaking ground for women but she raced yesterday so she won't even be there today.  At any rate it should beat sitting here watching TV. :)



Food:
7 glasses of water
1 cup corned beef hash
1 bagel (dry)
6 oz pico de gallo
2 Bratwursts (from the food bible)
--------------------------------
Daily Caloric Intake: 1469



Activity:
We went to two different puppy adoption events, then went to the NASCAR race and had a big long ass walk from the car to the stadium, another long walk up hill from the gate to our section, down a big flight of stairs to our seats.  Then up the flight of stairs, down the hill, and back to the car; all while wearing my new pedometer.  YAY!  9,247 steps!

1 comment: