Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Falling Pants

So yesterday while I was working I was sitting in my chair and, I admit that I move around a lot in my chair because it's not the most comfortable office chair in the world.  I must have slid forward and then when I went to stand up to go to lunch I slid back into a normal sitting position, pushed the chair back from my desk and stood up.  I went to take a step and just about fell on my face because my pants had fallen down around my ankles!  Thank goodness I work from home or that would have been embarrassing!  Instead it was exciting and I immediately texted my mom to tell her about it!

I'm still feeling pretty good this morning; my nose was a little bit runny last night but not congested so I thought I'd be doing laps around the softball field tonight as usual...that was until Snack Monkey sent me a text asking me to let his coach know he was too sick to play.  I had a dream last night that Snack Monkey and I were hanging out with friends and I had worn comfy clothes because we were just planning on chilling at their place and watching sports.  Then we all decided to go out to dinner and I wanted to come home and change my clothes into something nicer, but our house is a good 20-30 minute drive from their house so my friend offered to loan me some of her clothes to go out in.  She's a skinny little former cheerleader but, in my dream, her clothes fit me!  It was a wonderful dream. :)



Food:
9 glasses of water
1 cup of coffee w/creamer
1 Fiber One bar
4 stalks celery
4 Tbsps hummus
1 cup taboule
1 turkey reuben (untoasted, no dressing)
1 order criss-cut fries
----------------------------
Daily Caloric Intake: 1332



Activity:
Wii Walking: 5 miles (10,000 steps)

4 comments:

  1. That's a nice dream :)
    Way to go on a great NSV!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. FYI - Allan has had a blog before, doing this same diet. At the time he weighed 355 and lost around 120 lbs then quit. Yes, you read that right "Quit" and gained all the weight back plus some as evidence in his present blog.I don't think he ever shared the fact that he has done this before. The original blog is from 2005. And it's the same old same old. I didn't read the whole thing, because I'm not going to waste my time. But I wanted to give you a link from the archive and point out some relevant posts.
    Take note of these particular posts:
    September 5, 2005 5:13am
    September 10, 2005 10:38 am
    September 10, 2005 1:27 pm
    http://web.archive.org/web/20060206032006/www.allankleinonadiet.blogspot.com/
    This is when he messes up and gets off track: May 26, 2006 8:03
    http://web.archive.org/web/20060719213417/http://almostgastricbypass.blogspot.com/
    Also notice on the right of the blog in his Archives from previous months, some of those links still work.
    The purpose of this is just to let you know, he is no different than the rest of us - except maybe that he's a bigger jerk than anyone we know - lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well the one thing I think we should all glean from this knowledge is that we're all in this together. None of us are actually stronger by tearing other people down, as we can see; and none of us are perfect. BUT, that said; despite the fact that he's been mean to me in the past I really do wish him and anyone else trying to lose weight and get healthier the absolute best of luck. I really do. I can't imagine wishing failure on anyone for any reason because the progress made by each and every one of us is evidence, motivation, and hope for ourselves and for others who may come to follow in our footsteps. Anyone who has ever lived with excess weight knows the pain, the shame, and yes, even the fear, that comes with it. We all KNOW it's hard work no matter which method we choose. To hell with those commercials where people say "I lose 113 lbs and it was easy!". Horse-hockey. If losing weight was easy for anyone no one would be fat. Those people are selling themselves short in my opinion. HELL YES losing weight is hard and when I've lost 113 lbs I'm going to say "Yeah it sucked but I busted my ass and got it done!" We may all have different opinions on how to do it best for ourselves but if we find a way that works for us and we get it done who cares how we got there? It's like the commercials say: "Just do it!"

    Whether Allen reads this or not, which he probably won't, I hope he succeeds this time both for his benefit and for the benefit of the people who follow him and glean inspiration and motivation from him.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a beautiful and exciting pants story! Yes!

    ReplyDelete