Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Five Miles

Last night was pretty sweet!  I walked five miles, something I've only done once before since starting this journey.  Last time I did five miles in a single day I almost didn't think I was going to make it.  Some of you may recall that I had to start a texting conversation with my mom in order to find the motivation and distraction from pain/exhaustion to keep going.  Last night, I admit, I was pretty pooped after five miles but I wasn't feeling like I was going to keel over like I did the first time.  This is a great indication that in addition to losing weight I am building strength in my legs and increasing my stamina.

I'm going to start this paragraph by admitting that I desperately need to do laundry (and clean the kitchen for that matter).  When you're sick you don't feel like doing much of anything, you know.  So last night I put on a pair of work-out pants and grabbed a random shirt from my drawer that I haven't worn in over a year because it used to be too tight and too short.  Originally I had bought it to go golfing in because it has a collar (a requirement at our favorite golf course) but then we washed it and it shrunk and I didn't like wearing it anymore.  Well guess what!  It fits great!  I'm sure it had to have shrunk because it was like, one day it fit me and the next day it didn't so the fact that it fits now just makes me feel that much better about knowing that I've shrunk too!

Snack Monkey thinks I'm skinnier than I was when we met but I'm not so sure.  When we met I had a relatively flat stomach (while standing at least).  I was over weight, make no mistake about that, but I was carrying it all in my butt and hips.  But now, even with my weight down almost 40 lbs I still have this stomach that sticks out a little and jiggles when I walk (you can see it in all of my progress pictures).  We can see in the pictures that I'm losing a lot of the weight off my hips, shoulders, and arms.  I am really looking forward to some more significant loss off my stomach ... that's going to be an exciting experience for me to have a flat tummy again.



Food:
6 glasses of water
1 cup of coffee w/creamer
1 Fiber One bar
1/2 cup Taboule salad
12 mini-wheat biscuits
8 oz grilled steak
1 cup garlic noodles
------------------------------
Daily Caloric Intake: 1,104



Activity:
Walking (Outside): 1 mile (dropped off the rent check and checked the mail)
Shopping (Grocery): 2 hours
Stairs: 2 flights

1 comment: