Wednesday, March 23, 2011

2 Cute 2 B Annoying

Casper and Piper
I have a cat.  He's Snack Monkey's cat really; I'm not much of a cat person to tell you the truth.  But we have a cat none-the-less.  He'll be 2 years old this April and he's a neutered little boy of adorable white and gray fluff.  He's also usually a bit of a "look at me but don't pet me" kind of cat.  He's not anti-social, by any stretch of the imagination.  At any time of any day he's out and about in the apartment, laying in the middle of the floor or on the sofa or in a windowsill.  He follows us around the apartment and meows when he wants food, comes when we call him and knows his name.  But when you try to hold him he usually squirms and meows until you let him go and when he lays next to us he's usually just out of arm's reach.

So imagine my surprise when, at 6 a.m. this morning, I was awakened by the sound of loud, intense purring and the feeling of a furry little whiskered face shoving its way under my hand.  Yep, Casper the kitty cat decided he wanted some lovin' and sleep-be-damned, he was going to get it.  Well I couldn't resist ... could you?  He flopped onto his side next to me *shock!* put his head on my stomach *double shock!* and laid there purring and waiting to be petted; occasionally tossing soft little nibbles at my triceps when I would nod off and stop petting him to remind me that he had an agenda.

Well it was sweet, fun, unexpected, and somewhat therapeutic but now I feel like I was robbed of that extra 30 minutes of sleep I would have acquired otherwise.  *sigh*  Oh the catch-22 of waking up early for a rare snuggle session with the cat or sleeping until the alarm went off.



Food:
7 glasses of water
1 cup of coffee w/creamer
1/2 cup white rice (dry)
1/2 cup leftover turkey/spinach mix
>>w/onions and mushrooms
1 cup beef strogonoff (food bible)
8 oz red wine
------------------------------
Daily Caloric Intake: 925


p.s. I don't usually drink red wine but the recipe called for it and I just couldn't resist ... I did the ol' Julia Childs pour and swig! lol



Activity:
Walking: 5 miles (10,360 steps).  I think I actually did a lot more than this.  I was counting as I walked because I'm neurotic like that and did what I counted to be 5,000 steps but the pedometer only read 3,600 so I did another 1,400.  Then I took a water break, did what I counted as another 5,000 but the pedometer said 3,800 so I did yet another 1,200 but the pedometer still put me less than 200 shy of 10,000 so I just walked until the show I was watching on TV ended.  Oh well, more means less. lol (aka more walking means less weight on the scale come Monday).

2 comments:

  1. furry friends are the best kind. :D

    Sorry about the sleep, my cat will do that too sometimes.

    Great that you got so much activity in! I know you were worried about this week but you can do it!

    I got a recumbent last night, I'm so excited. I'm not sure how it'll effect my pain levels, so starting out slow, 2 miles a day and work up to 5 over the next two weeks. This is the one I got, it's a steal at 179, free shipping, totally quiet and very sturdy: It'll be great once winter comes and walking outside is unbearable! ha. I think you might go to the gym sometimes though? I Don't remember...

    http://www.amazon.com/Stamina-4545-Magnetic-Fusion-Recumbent/dp/B001J8OV70/ref=sr_1_2?s=sporting-goods&ie=UTF8&qid=1300456996&sr=1-2

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pets are such a beautiful thing. . .

    ReplyDelete