Monday, March 7, 2011

Weigh-In 17

Down another 2.5 lbs.  Sweet!  That puts me officially under 250 lbs which gives me one more goal to tick off on my to-do list and puts me just a half-pound from having lost a total of 40 lbs!  Very, very cool!  Every once in awhile I sit back and let it sink in that I'm actually actively losing weight and it boggles my mind.  I've mentioned before that this isn't the first time that I've lost weight but in the past it's always just kind of happened as a result of something else that was happening in my life at the time.  Usually when I've ended a relationship that's when I've lost weight - sometimes more than others - but I've never actually actively tried to lose weight before this.  I've never weighed myself weekly, watched what I ate, and made a point of getting regular exercise with the purpose of losing weight in mind.  Historically losing has been a lot like gaining for me; one day I wake up and realize I've lost/gained a bunch of weight.  It's really exciting to see it happening as the result of a process like this and I'm starting to get really excited as I think about what I will look and feel like when I'm under 200 lbs and also when I'm at my target weight.  It's going to be so crazy and fun to have to buy new clothes and to be able to go into any store in the mall and find things in my size again like I did when I was a teenager.

I've never been a big fan of shopping, even when I was thin, but after living life as a fat person and then losing weight I think that might change.  I'm learning to appreciate the fun and excitement of trying on clothes; I'm not there yet but the anticipation is proving to me that I'm progressing in the right direction.



Food:
7 glasses of water
1 cup of coffee w/creamer
1 Fiber One bar
1 serving leftover chicken w/tomatoes
2 mini crescent rolls
1 bowl potato soup (from the food bible)
2 mini crescent rolls
-----------------------------
Daily Caloric Intake: 1,144



Activity: Not much; made supper, cleaned the kitchen aaaand that's about it.

6 comments:

  1. Yeah!! You go girl!
    I have been thinking the same thing.
    I have NEVER lost this much weight EVER. I have never tried and then actually lost weight. I mean I have now lost 25 pounds. That is just crazy to think! I am now one of those people in the magazines that say they lost 25 pounds. I was just saying to Jack come next winter not a single pair of clothes in my closet is going to fit me. Not a one! I am going to have to buy everything! Is that a good thing or a bad? LOL
    I am so happy for you girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's a good thing that we'll have to buy all new clothes because we'll be buying smaller ones and we'll have a much bigger selection than what we've been used to. We'll feel better about ourselves too, more than we already do. YAY for new clothes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! You are rockin' and rollin' with your weight loss!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another 2.5 pounds is great!! Congrats and happy shopping :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you both! I'm pretty stoked ... almost 40 lbs lost. That is amazing to me. Sometimes I can't even believe that I used to weigh 40 lbs more than I do now, let alone that I've actually lost almost 40 lbs. Mind boggling.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome job!! I love how you're crossing off your mini-goals as well! You're on the right track! :) HUGS!!

    ReplyDelete