Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Weigh-In #37

Weight: 227.5!!!

So I have actually been dying to share a story with all of you about the move over the weekend.  I may have mentioned it already but I can't remember so I am going to share it again.  On Saturday we rented a U-Haul and officially moved everything that we hadn't already brought to the new house with the car during our multiple trips over the last week and we had some help from some members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.  We're not members of the church but I know them to be generally good people who help others just for the sake of helping others and we needed it because I knew that there wasn't any way that I was going to be able to help Snackers move my 7 foot iron bed down a flight of stairs.

Prior to the scheduled arrival of our helpers Snackers and I did everything that we could to prepare, we washed the last load of laundry, the last sink full of dishes, and packed literally everything into the living room in a "move" pile and a "good will" pile.  As soon as the first few gentlemen arrived a moving frenzy ensued and I began taking smaller boxes and items that I could carry by myself as the guys paired up to carry the big stuff in teams.  There were so many people going up and down the stairs that when I would go up with my arms empty I would worry about being in the middle of the stairwell when someone started trying to come down with a big heavy load so I ran up the stairs each time so that I would be out of the way.

The first time that I ran up the stairs I got to the top and thought 'I wonder how many times I'll be able to do that before I fall over and die'.  The second time I ran up them I thought 'Wow, I still feel pretty good!  I want to do that again!'.  I honestly lost count of how many times I ran up the stairs after carrying something down them but I know it was more than 12 because that was the last number that I remember counting before someone asked me a question and I lost my train of thought.  I didn't get super short of breath even once; well ok, I was breathing a little hard but not huffing and puffing and gasping for air like I was when Snackers and I moved IN to the apartment.  My face didn't turn all red and I didn't sit down on the sofa in helpless exhaustion wondering how I was going to make it up another flight of stairs.  I just did it, and before I knew it, it was over and I felt pretty freakin' awesome!  That has to be the most rewarding perk of losing weight that I have experienced thus far!  It felt GREAT!!!



Food:
9 glasses of water
1 cup of coffee w/creamer
1 Fiber One bar
1 leftover half-sandwich
1 serving greek salad
1 serving pastacinni
------------------------------
Daily Caloric Intake: 914




Activity:
2 flights of stairs
Cleaning: Went over to the apartment last night and washed walls, shelves, and blinds in my old office, also cleaned the bathroom/walls/etc, and did the outside of the fridge, inside and outside of the cupboards, and walls in the kitchen and sprayed the oven down to let it soak for tonight.
Shopping: Snackers needed a special tool to hang the blinds in the new house and then we ended up at Best Buy watching him drool over the flat screen tv wall for three hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment