Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Still So Much To Do

I'm sure that many of you are already getting sick of hearing about all the work that we've been doing at the new house.  It is already Tuesday, we have helpers lined up and a U-Haul reserved for this coming Saturday and there is still so much to do.  I still need to paint a few little spots along the baseboards in the master bedroom, paint the closet in my office, touch up paint spills around the trim in the hallway, paint the trim around the front door, clean the kitchen, hang the blinds, and clean the guest bedroom and I have to do it all soon because Snackers needs to bring his truck in and clean all of the floors before we start moving furniture in.

We are so exhausted that we move around the house like zombies, joints creaking and popping as we go.  Snackers has today off of work because his boss is an awesome guy who had the foresight to realize in advance that we weren't going to get as much done this week as we thought we were going to get done and knew we would need extra time due to having such a late closing on the mortgage.  I wish I could get the day off too but there is literally no one to cover for me and I promised my boss that I wouldn't let buying a house affect my work performance.  I feel like I'm already kind of breaking that promise because I am so tired that I have been missing little things or forgetting to do little assignments that he's asked me to do.  He's a great guy too so he's been really understanding and compassionate about it and I am sure he would gladly give me some time off if there were someone that could fill the gap but I'm all they've got right now.

I had to take my ring off last night and put it in a safe place because my hands are so swollen that it was starting to turn my finger purple.  Thank goodness for butter.  I've also had to resort to wearing flip-flops because my feet are too swollen for my grubby tennis shoes and I really don't want to wear my shape-ups over to the house until we're done painting.




Food:
8 glasses of water
1 cup of coffee w/creamer
1 breakfast sandwich
1 healthy choice lunch
1 shrimp burrito
------------------------
Daily Caloric Intake: 1,159




Activity:
4 flights of stairs
Sanded and painted two doors
Painted the last of the baseboards in the master bedroom
Cleaned/de-greased the oven TWICE
Pulled up all the tape in the master bedroom, kitchen, living room, and dining room.
Did two loads of laundry
Packed up a load of stuff to move during my lunch break
Unloaded the car at the house

This is just the stuff that I did, Snackers had his own giant list of accomplishments yesterday!

No comments:

Post a Comment