Monday, April 11, 2011

Twenty-Second Weigh-In

BOOM BABY!  242.5 and that means that I've lost back what I gained last week plus some!  The decision to break out the Wii and go old school last night was a wise one.  I actually had fun with it again and discovered a new boxing game on the Fit that I'd never noticed before.  I've unlocked pretty much all of the games just by walking so I now realize that I have a bunch of new games to go through and try out.  The boxing game was serious fun.  The first level was a little on the simple side but I only had to play it twice to unlock the second level and that gets a little bit more complicated.  After three rounds of that I was sweating so much Snackers refused to give my any luvin's until I took a shower.  SAWEET!

The thing I really liked about the boxing game is that I can feel it in my shoulders and arms, and even a little bit in my upper back, this morning.  I used to do Tai Bo when I was a teen and I freakin' loved it, and I also did Karate with a roomie in college and loved that so I really had fun doing the boxing game on the Wii.  I mean ... it's a little bit cheesy but it's not about the graphics it's about the moves and it incorporates the balance board and the nunchuck so some of the moves take some considerable coordination.  In order to score high you have to step off of the balance board in the correct direction, with the correct foot, while throwing punches with the correct arm at the correct time and then you have to hold the controller and the nunchuck together while you duck down and dodge to the right and left and if you don't do it right you get smacked around by the punching bag...I loved it.  UFC needs to stop putting out lame-hole games (trust me, we bought it and it SUCKED) and work on a motion activated UFC training game.  I would totally buy that!

The dog has to go to the vet this week for an allergy shot ... she's miserable, so I doubt I'll be able to do anything with this check but maybe with my next check I'll go pick up either Zoomba Fit or Just Dance.  I definitely can see the value in mixing things up and rotating out exercises so I don't get completely board with working out.  My brother was right, I burned myself out on walking and just needed to find something new and fun to do to keep moving.

Snackers got a good tip at work today and wanted to go to the buffet because they're running a killer deal.  I dished up small servings and I think that I picked extremely well.  I'm very pleased with myself today.



Food:
7 glasses of water
1 cup of coffee w/creamer
1 serving pickles and pb
1 Healthy choice lunch
3 oz roast beef
1/2 cup cole slaw
1 cup steamed veggies
1 cup peas and onions
4 cheese raviolis
----------------------------------
Daily Caloric Intake: 1,013



Activity: Stretching (yes, I broke a sweat)

I used to stretch with a roomie of mine in college who was a dancer.  She could do splits like you wouldn't believe.  She told me that stretching burns a surprising amount of fat and tones because you have to use muscle to maintain a stretch (if you do it properly) and hold the muscles steady while stretching (similar concept to the bowflex).  We had this really intense stretching routine that she had created for me and I spent today trying to remember it / even come close to replicating it.  I was sore in a lot of different places from last night's Wii workout so I figure it would be a double bonus ... not too shabby if I do say so myself.

8 comments:

  1. Hey, have you considered getting the kinect? If you like motion sensing games it's amazing! :)

    I love your shape fitness, the sports game and just dance. :)

    Also, congrats on the loss and getting on top of that asap. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes we have thought about the Kinect. We almost got one for Snackers for Christmas but he decided on a TomTom instead. We have a PS3 even so getting a Kinect wouldn't be a bad idea except that Snackers dominates the PS3 so I am almost certain that if we got a Kinect I would never get to use it lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow your doing great!! Keep up the good work

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good job on the loss, again. Those little bumps in the road, ie: weight gains, can be frustrating, but if you just keep doing what you know you need to do, like you have, you get back to losing in no time! Good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't wait to see your April picture! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm also super impressed with the fact that you are focused enough on your goals that you always seem to be thinking of ways to encourage it--and if you need a little something different (like dragging out the Wii again) then you know it and do it. You aren't stuck in a rut. You keep adapting. THAT is so important and cool!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Suzi!

    Bren: yeah sometimes those bumps are good butt-kickers to keep me on track I guess.

    Laryssa: Oh I'm not going to get my hopes up on them considering I'm only down 1.5 total lbs since I took March's picture. Wow ... that was kind of a depressing statistic to realize. LOL

    Ki: Hmmm gee ... adapting. I wonder who I could have learned that from? The saying "Ignorance isn't bliss, merely irresponsibility" comes to mind. Hmmm who said that I forget ... oh right, it was YOU! ;) i don't think you will ever know how much of an impact our friendship made on me for life. Seriously ... and there aren't many people that I can say that about. Knowing you made me change how I saw the world and it was probably one of the best things that ever happened to me (because before I met you I was a lazy, spoiled, self-centered, biotch!) lol

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have the golds gym workout for Wii with is also a boxing game but the workouts are better I think, thhe game sets up workouts for you to do one a daily basis that take about 15-25 mins and get more challenging as you do better in the game, you can pick between a few trainers who make your workouts or workout on your own, we usually do the prepared workout and then some extra stuff at the end to get our punch counts higher. I also have a kinnect for the xbox 360 and the biggest loser game, I've found that it doesn't recognise me as well as my husband I think because I'm so much heavier, it doesn't distingise my movements as well so I don't get as good credit for the things I do and I'm constantly being corrected, its great for every other game though, if you can spare the money I really think you'll both enjoy it, its kind of amazing what it can do!

    ReplyDelete