Wednesday, April 20, 2011

2 Good 2 B Healthy

We tried our very first recipe from one of the new cookbooks that we got in the mail from one of you wonderful blog readers.  It was chicken breast halves stuffed with yogurt, cheese, pimentos, mushrooms, and chives.  We then painted a little bit more yogurt over the top and sprinkled it with bread crumbs and paprika.  The book is called Comfort Food Diet Cookbook and it is loaded with recipes that just look way too delicious to actually be healthy but when you really look at the ingredient list on these chicken breasts you have to admit ... there really isn't anything there except the cheese that's questionable; and even the cheese is part-skim mozzarella which is one of the better cheese choices you can make.  (Here's a tip, according to Cook This Not That, white cheeses like mozzarella, provolone, and swiss are usually better from a health perspective than orange/yellow cheeses!)  But seriously ... look at the gooey, yummy guts on the inside of this chicken breast. 

Doesn't that just look AMAZING?!  Well it was.  There was so much flavor in these things that it was just absurd!  Although I should mention that I used skim greek yogurt instead of the plain normal yogurt that it called for because it's actually cheaper, and because Snackers and I developed a taste for it after using it in previous recipes.  I really liked the subtle tang that it brought to the dish so if you decide to make this, keep that option in mind.



In other news ... snack cakes.  Snack cakes?  Freakin' snack cakes!!  *shakes head*  Green goddess on a cracker!  What was I thinking?  I was in my head screaming "don't do it!" and I just couldn't stop myself.  Then I sat around feeling guilty all night but couldn't, for the life of me, force my big a$$ off the couch to exercise.  Then, as I was falling asleep, I had the sudden urge to line dance ... no joke, line dance.  I saw a commercial for a new Wii game called country dance and it reminded me of all the fun I used to have at the line-dancing hall in Utah as a teen.  I don't think the game is line dancing though ... I dunno.






Food:
7 glasses of water
1 cup of coffee w/creamer
1/2 cup milk
1 Healthy Choice lunch
2 chicken tacos
1 serving pickles and pb
-----------------------------
Daily Caloric Intake: 879


Activity: Went to bed too late after line dancing last night and ended up falling asleep in the tub shortly after Snackers left for work.  Going to chug another glass of water and crash.

2 comments:

  1. Line dancing? Oh, wow. Exercise? Fun? I dunno. Sounds suspicious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Karate is both exercise and fun as well though sooo... I guess it is possible to enjoy sweating lol. I wish I could convince Snackers to take me line dancing at a club here somewhere. I bet his brother will take me next time he visits and then, of course, Snackers will tag along to spend time with his brother. I feel a plan forming. :)

    ReplyDelete