Sunday, April 24, 2011

Happy Easter

The morning began with a champagne brunch at South Point followed by a few hours at the mini horse show and then 18 holes of golf.  Then we came home and I made dinner and now I'm completely exhausted.  I played the absolute worst game of golf that I have ever played in my life today.  The wind was blowing really bad but in all honesty I can't even claim that as an excuse ... I just sucked today!  I probably swung the club over 200 times and for some really odd reason I kept swinging right over the top of the ball stroke after stroke after stroke.  I am not a great golfer, I'm not even a good golfer actually, but I'm not usually THAT bad ... you can even ask my mom.  I may not always hit it far or straight but usually I can at least hit it on the first swing!

I was whiffing over the top of the ball a little bit the last time that we played so I figured that it was just because I wasn't wearing my glasses.  So today I wore them and played even worse ... like eight times worse!  We still had fun though because Snackers is a wonderful person to play golf with.  We never count strokes and we both just play to have fun so we can laugh at ourselves and tease back and forth and I don't have to feel embarrassed about how bad I did.  Right toward the end I actually had some pretty good hits ... go figure. 

Days like this always remind me why Snackers and I are so compatible: I am the kind of person who does not easily laugh at myself ... it is not easy for me to admit and be comfortable with my shortcomings.  But Snackers has a sincere, genuine, 'it doesn't matter' attitude and he allows me to feel comfortable laughing at myself instead of getting all pissed off when I'm not good at something.  Many men have tried to get me to go golfing before and it never worked because I always felt so stupid and ashamed of how not-great I was and that would just piss me off, but with Snackers I can just play and have fun and it doesn't matter if I have to hit the ball 8 times on a par 4.

I do feel pressed to note that I am an excellent putter.  Even the couple we played with last time repeatedly commented on how good I am at putting.  Not today though ... whoa was today bad! LOL  But we laughed A LOT today!!!



Food:
10 glasses of water
1 cup of coffee w/creamer
2 glasses of champagne
1 serving eggs benedict
1 serving sunflower seeds
1/2 stuffed green bell pepper
>>stuffed w/kidney beans, turkey, and onions
2 truffles
--------------------------------------------
Daily Caloric Intake: 1,293



Activity:
5 flights of stairs
18 holes of golf
cooked supper (Normally I don't count fixing supper as an activity but doing it immediately after 18 really strenuous holes of golf put a whole new dynamic on it today! lol)

1 comment:

  1. If it's comforting, you are still a better golfer than I am. I am glad this activity gives you enjoyment and burns off some calories not to mention the fellowship.

    ReplyDelete