Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Hot Flashes

I woke up in the middle of the night on several occasions completely soaked in sweat and that, boys and girls, is called a hot flash.  My weigh in this morning was 241.5 and I am starting to see a pattern develop.  Up one, down one, up one, down one.  I think it's quite clear that I am going to have to just work out really hard for the rest of the week if I want to see my weight going anywhere at all because I am 100% convinced that, in spite of small movement here and there over the past few weeks, I'm stalled out big time.

We opted for a menu of mostly seafood this week and I think that will probably help as well because seafood has good fats and amino acids that are good for boosting the metabolism.  The grocery list cost about $20 more than usual but that's really not that bad.

Oh by the way, is that not just the cutest kitty cat picture you have ever seen?!  I had taken like three pictures before that one but there is such a delay on my phone between when you hit the button and when it actually takes the picture that I kept getting blurry pictures so I changed the snap shot sound on the camera phone to make it sound like a monkey.  Thankfully the sound happens about half a second before the shutter snaps the picture so I got the expression that you see above.  *melts*



Food:
7 glasses of water
1 cup of coffee w/creamer
1 Fiber One bar
1 chicken veggie wrap
1 serving pan seared scallops
>>w/o the chimmichurri
1 serving mac n cheese (from hungry girl cook book)
1 serving red wine
---------------------------------------------
Daily Caloric Intake: 1,038



Activity:
Busy day!  We went, after work, to look at puppies.  We weren't really planning on getting one until after we moved but we found a deal on craigslist that was just a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity and had to check it out.  We caved.  After that we took the pup over to our friend's house because they wanted to meet him, then we hit PetSmart to get some essentials, and then home to cook/eat dinner.  I am, admittedly, the better disciplinarian in this family so it fell on me to show the pup where to find food/water, where to sleep, introduce him to the cats, teach him what he can and cannot chew on, and take him potty every few hours.  I've done four very slow, very patient flights of stairs as I tried (with a lot of help from Piper) to show him how to climb them and actually even broke a sweat.  No kidding!  Not a big sweat ... but there were dribblets falling off my chin.  It's not quite the super activity that I had planned for today but the pup is going to need leash training before he gets too big to handle, and lots of exercise to prevent destruction so I've got my work cut out for me!  YES!!!  When Snackers gets back I get to help him haul the couch down the stairs to the dumpster (it's a piece that we picked up for free and never use because it's so uncomfortable so we're replacing it with a large crate for the pup) and that's going to be one hell of an awesome work out!!

5 comments:

  1. This is just my opinion...bur something is not right!!! I believe that you shouldn't have stalled out on your diet quite like you have. It would make sense if you had been doing some major cheating or some serious laying around. But you have been doing great in both areas. Maybe it is time for you visit your doctor and maybe get some bloodwork done. I would hate to see you struggling with your weight loss when there is an underlying cause preventing you from doing so. Just a suggestion!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been thinking the same thing but I don't want to make excuses if I'm just not moving my ass like I should be. I know that I have a tendency to rationalize behavior so I'm not sure if I am just psychologically convincing myself that the little bit of odd-ball activities that I've been doing are less strenuous than they need to be. On the upside 239.5!!!! I first stepped on the scale and was like WHAT?! NO WAY!? So I got off and back on ... THREE TIMES! That is the first time that I have EVER seen a number below 240!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. awesome about the under 240 and congrats on the puppy, I'm sure he's all kinds of adorable and good luck in getting him puppy trained!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Why do you tease us so? Showing a kitty picture then telling us about a puppy. Where are those pictures?? Hmmmmmm? Well thats ok! I just won't share my pictures of my craigslist puppy! NAH!

    ReplyDelete
  5. hehe Remember Swan, I write my posts in the morning and then add food and activity throughout the day so I wrote this post before we had the puppy. BUT ... tonight's post (which I wrote this morning) Will have puppy pics and the big, little guy's name. :)

    ReplyDelete