By 5:30 my boss still hadn't called me so I called him, got that out of the way, Snackers and I went to dinner because it was too late for me to try to cook anything by the time I got off the phone, and then when we got home I went back to doing math while my food settled. When Dancing With the Stars came on I put the math away and stretched and when it was over I went right back to working on math problems. I'm starting to get the hang of the newest topic, polynomials, and apparently I'm getting so good at them that I can do them in my sleep ... literally. All night long I had dreams about solving math problems and from what I can remember, they were pretty accurate, realistic dreams with actual problems in them and I was working them. That's a good sign right? Eventually I am going to have to have enough confidence in math that I can take the time to study for my geology class though. I'm really excited about geology!
I am feeling Sunday's workout in my angel wings and calves today. Seriously ... any of you in software development ... someone needs to invent a UFC training/motion game. Put it on the to-do list.
p.s. I have a new snack. So a package of shelled sunflower seeds averages around 165 - 180 calories PER OUNCE! Holy cow batman! BUT ... Spitz (brand name) makes a huge variety of different flavors of sunflower seeds still in their shell. 1 average sized bag is 6 oz of seeds still in the shell and each bag is 3 servings which makes for approx. 2 oz of seeds in their shells, per serving. So if you take a pinch of seeds and place them in your mouth, then sort them out one by one with your tongue to crack and eat them you can spend LITERALLY HOURS eating just 2 oz of seeds. (Note: bag size is oz in weight not liquid oz so if you're really worried about serving size get some plastic baggies and divide the original bag into 3 - or even 6 - equal portions.) Purpose? Many!
- Curing the "munchies"
- Keeping your mouth entertained: if you're not good at it at first, like me, it becomes a challenge ... almost a kind of game.
- Providing flavor but way healthier than sucking on hard candy (I went with pickle flavored)
- Increased desire to drink water
- You ~feel~ like you're eating all day but you're really not
- Stress-relieving (no really, it is!)
- I would dare say that the effort that goes into shelling and separating a single seed with your tongue probably burns more calories than you consume by actually eating the seed when you're done
- Ladies: (This is my favorite reason) It gives us a perfectly good excuse to spit without shame!
- Probably a decent tool for smokers who are trying to quit
- GREAT FOR SOFTBALL!
8 glasses of water
1 cup of coffee w/creamer
1 serving sunflower seeds
1 serving pickles and peanut butter
1 Healthy Choice lunch
2 servings coffee steak (no side)
Daily Caloric Intake: 1,135
Wii Boxing: 30 minutes
Wii Yoga: 30 minutes