Friday, April 15, 2011

Steak Sandwiches

Steak sandwiches are another recipe from Cook This, Not That! that combines grilled onions and garlic, diced sirloin, A-1 steak sauce, provolone cheese, and tomatoes into a tasty toasted sandwich.  The recipe called for cibatta rolls but I had to buy sourdough for the panini's we'll be having tomorrow and the bread had fewer calories than the buns so I decided to just use it instead.  It also suggests putting them in the oven after they're assembled to melt the cheese but I put them in the Foreman grill and they got this lovely crust on them.  I think one of my all-time favorite things to cook in the foreman is sandwiches.  They always come out toasty and melty and delicious.  I added a squirt of mustard to my sammich, Snackers put mayo on his.  They were really good and fairly easy to make.

My whole body is sore today, to the point that I woke up almost every time I needed to roll over in bed last night because everything hurts so much.  My calves are hurting from the stepping I've been doing all week; my thighs are hurting from the leg crunches and lifts, my lower back is hurting from the toe touches (but in a good way, not in a 'I messed up my back kind of way'), my shoulders and arms hurt from the push-ups that I did last night, and my abs hurt from a combination of the crunches and backwards push-ups.  I'm thinking tonight, depending on how I feel, I may need to go back to walking so that I can heal up.  With this much muscle soreness I am probably carrying a crap load of fluid in my muscles right now and I want to try to get rid of that before Monday if I can so that I can get an accurate weigh-in.

Snackers found me a spot that I can do stadium steps which is something that I have always wanted to try.  You know how you see those super in shape people running up and down the steps, sweating buckets, and you think "wow ... that person is fit!" ... well I don't think you have to be super in shape to do stadium steps.  Maybe you have to be super in shape to do them as fast as those people do them but anyone can do them if they work at their own pace right?  I'm just trying to work up the nerve to try.  I'd like to do them when there isn't anyone around so I don't have to feel self-conscious about it.



Food:
8 glasses of water
1 cup of coffee w/creamer
2/3 cup granola
>>w/ 1/3 cup milk
1 leftover steak sandwich
1 sirloin w/dry rub (not good)
1 peanut butter cookie
-----------------------------------
Daily Caloric Intake: 1,087




Activity:
Walking/Jogging: My legs are so sore that I really didn't know that I could sustain a full hour of walking but I wanted to make sure that I broke a sweat and didn't have to feel guilty.  I'm sick of hovering in the 240's and, dammit, this week I want to stick to my guns and make some real, quantifiable progress!  So here's what I did.  I put on a Celebrity Apprentice rerun and I walked during the show but then every time it went to commercial I would sprint in place as fast as I could until the commercial ended, then I'd walk and catch my breath.  I did that for about 40 minutes and I feel really good about it.  It was On Demand so there was only one commercial per commercial break so, admittedly, not a full "2 and 2" of sprinting but I broke a very healthy sweat, loosened up my sore legs and I feel good!

4 comments:

  1. I had something like this earlier for lunch. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent progress so far!!!That sandwich looks super yummy.

    Dee
    http://www.deesdroppingtheweight.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for dropping by Dee. I have added your blog to the PR list, thank you for the link! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so welcome!!I really like your blog style. Can't wait to see you succeed at your goals;)Thanks for following my blog as well;)

    ReplyDelete