Thursday, September 8, 2011

Poor Doggy

So we upgraded Vladdy's kennel a few weeks ago because our friend had one that was larger than the one we had but he was selling it for $20 to get an even bigger one.  We bought it and then sold our old one for $20 on craigslist and moved Vladdy into a bigger place.

Last night I had put Vladdy to bed and was sound asleep, Snackers was out doing his night jobs, when I awoke to the most horrible screaming I've ever heard in my life.  It was like Vladdy still had his boy parts and someone was squeezing them in a clamp - huge, violent, blood curdling screams.  I jumped out of bed and ran into the kitchen to find him with one toe stuck in between the bars of his kennel and the plastic tray that goes in the bottom of it.  He was jerking on it so hard that he was moving his entire kennel across the room inch by inch.  I immediately ran to free him but no matter how hard I pulled on the bar I couldn't make it budge enough to free his toe.

I had to open the kennel door, grab his foot and push it toward the hole so that I could turn his paw pad slightly to the side and slip it out.  It felt like it took FOREVER to get it free and I am sure that his screaming must have woken up the neighbors - every dog in town was outside barking a few minutes later.  I brought him out of his kennel and wiggled, prodded, and flexed his toe but he didn't show any indication of tenderness so he must not have been hurt, just terrified.  He laid down on the kitchen floor and started licking my arm all slow and gentle like he was thanking me for coming to his rescue.  It wasn't until a few minutes later that I realized my own middle finger hurt like hell and there was a big black bump forming on the back of it between my hand and my first knuckle.

I must have crushed it on the bar of the kennel while trying to free his toe but I don't think it's broken - I did break that finger in that exact spot when I was younger though so it could be cracked or it might just be a hematoma.  It still hurts this morning but Vladdy is running around outside right now like a bat out of hell so I guess he's fine.  I took the tray out of his kennel before putting him back to bed last night.  I have half a mind to call the kennel manufacturer and chew their asses.  Why would they put holes along the bottom of the kennel like that?  On the other hand I don't think our buddy's dog ever got his foot stuck in the kennel so maybe Vladdy's just "special".




Food:
140 oz of water
1 cup of coffee w/creamer
1 fiber one bar
1 foot long chicken sub
>> the usual
4 pieces tuna sashimi
12 oz unsweetened green tea
-------------------------------
Daily Caloric Intake: 917




Activity:
Walking:  We went to a new park for practice last night and ended up walking all over the place looking for the right team, while packing a chair, cooler, water belt, and book.
Walking: We also hit the mall after practice but only briefly
Loading/Unloading the car: Snackers sold his saxophone the other night and last night he used the money to buy a new drum set, so I helped him load and unload it into the car.
Cleaning: I cleaned the kitchen last night after we got home from practice and helped Snackers rearrange the guest bedroom to make room for his drum set.

No comments:

Post a Comment