Friday, September 23, 2011

Art In The Park

I received and invitation yesterday to join three of my gal-pals for Art in the Park here in the Vegas area and I am stoked!  I went with one of these gals last year and we had a lot of fun but we were both having a really hard time walking around enjoying everything.  Me because I was still so overweight and my friend because she has some hip problems from her childhood.  Well she and I have both lost weight since last year and she's had surgery for her hip so we can both get around better than we did last year and we are way excited about going again this year!

Art in the Park is this awesome little cultural event where lots of local (and some national) artists set up booths to show off and sale their work.  The art ranges from sculptures and paintings to crafts and knick knacks and the event is just huge.  They have little booths set up throughout the park for food and beverages as well and, because it's Vegas, many of the beverages are alcoholic.  It's just going to be a lot of fun and I can't wait until Sunday!!!




Food:
110 oz of water
1 cup of coffee w/creamer
1 Fiber One bar
1 medium artichoke
>>boiled w/salt
1 large ear of corn
>>boiled w/salt
1 serving fish and chips
>>w/vinegar
-----------------------------
Daily Caloric Intake: 818




Activity:
TGIF - I took a long hot bath, laid in bed for awhile watching the History channel and now I'm going to be early again in the hopes of getting some good sleep.

4 comments:

  1. I love doing things like that. We have a craft show here in Indiana that always has neat stuff. There is a local potter who does excellent work and I have a friend who makes primitive/rustic yard art. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish this was happening the weekend I was in Vegas (in three weeks). Bummer. It sounds like a blast and I would love it. I am so into types of events like that. Any local type fun things like that occuring the weekend of Oct 14? Let me know, I am going to start googling the heck out of calendars. I am so excited for vacation.

    Isn't it a great feeling to just be able to walk, be in public and feel comfortable in your own skin? Fab! Congrats to you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So I actually just found out tonight that Art in the Park is next Sunday. Whoopsie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. April: Yeah I think the Renaissance Fair is the weekend of the 14th at Sam Boyd Stadium. I'll be going to that too.

    ReplyDelete