Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Waterlogged

So yesterday I stuck with my commitment to drink at least four glasses of water and eat at least one piece of fruit every day for the week and, I must say, I'm feelin' a little water logged.  The hardest part about this challenge, which I hadn't anticipated, is that it's not asking me to replace fluids I already take in with water, it's asking me to drink more fluid than I feel thirsty for.  Well, at least yesterday that was the case.  Some days I am thirsty and I just want to drink more and, other than my coffee and the occasional glass of wine, water is a natural choice for me now.  Yesterday, however, I was anything other than thirsty enough to drink four glasses of water.  Part of that is probably because I had a very brothy soup for lunch but I must say ... the third and fourth glasses of water did not go down easily.

Today my feet feel a little swollen, I think it's due to water retention because they don't hurt at all.  My legs and hips hurt a little from the leg lifts but not nearly as bad as they did last week or the week before ... I guess that means I need to try to up my reps if I can next time I do them.  My calves feel a little tight also, I think that's from the step aerobics over the weekend and the 20 minutes I spent last night doing hula-hoop on the Wii.  It reminded me of belly-dancing which reminded me that I still have a belly-dancing DVD that I borrowed from a friend a few years ago and forgot to give back before I moved.  Maybe I'll break it out and get back in the practice.

I get to head up to my mom's for the holiday weekend after work tomorrow and she has a belly-dancing DVD that I got for her earlier this year so I'm excited to see if she'll pop it in and go through it with me.  I think it would be really fun but with the whole family around, I'm not going to get my hopes up.  Maybe my sisters will join in, I'll take my coin belts just in case. :)

Food:
4 glasses of water
1 cup of coffee with creamer (the last of the Irish Cream)
1 organic red pear
1 honey bran muffin
1 can light italian meatball soup
1.5 cups lasagna with meat sauce
1 slice garlic toast
1 Hershey's 100 calorie snack pack
2 slices white American cheese
-------------------------------
Daily Caloric Intake: 1,467

Exercise:
30 squats
30 lunges (each leg)
30 leg lifts (side) each leg
90 crunches
60 push-ups (front)
15 push-ups (back)
------------------------------
Daily Caloric Burn: 497

1 comment:

  1. Here's a water tip for you. Drink 1 glass before each meal or snack, whether or not you want it. It will also help you control your caloric intake. If you're "not thirsty enough" it should be the wine or cofee that you leave out, not your water. Both of those can rob your body tissues of the water you already consumed. I have 2 glasses of water in the morning before my daily can of Pepsi, then I drink only water the rest of the day.

    ReplyDelete