Thursday, November 18, 2010

Finals Week

So it's finals week again at school and I am optimistic with an A in both classes; one is a solid A and the other is squeaking in.

I slept like a rock last night for the first time in a long time.  I woke up before the alarm again this morning but, this time, I woke up feeling like I was ready to wake up instead of feeling like my psyche was yanking me out of bed against my will.  Everything hurts though; legs, back, butt, stomach, arms ... even my pectoral muscles hurt.  It's really hard to exercise when everything is already sore but I refuse to take a day off.  I'll just try to do some cardio or stretching today.  Stretching actually does help burn fat because it burns calories and helps to oxyginate muscles and improve blood flow.  The calorie burn is significantly lower than normal exercise though, only about 122 calories for 45 minutes.

My Hobbit diet yesterday seemed like it worked well, except I had 5 meals instead of 7.  I ate "first breakfast", "elevensies", "lunch", "dinner", and "supper", and skipped "second breakfast" and "afternoon tea".  Because the portions were smaller and calories were lower I felt hungry more quickly after each meal but, by the end of the night, I felt satisfied and still came in just slightly under my caloric goal.  My impromptu carrot salad with sliced tomatoes, by the way, was delicious. *adds more shredded carrots and tomatoes to the shopping list*

"Temptation" is expecting a better than average check because, now that he has his driver's license again, he working solo which means higher commissions so he told me he'd take me to Whole Foods to buy my groceries this weekend.  Isn't that sweet?  Whole Foods is where the cheftestants on Top Chef shop and, from what I've seen on the show, looks like a playground for someone like me who is trying to eat healthy.  I hope they're not too expensive though.

Food:
4 glasses of water
1 cup of coffee with creamer
1 cup of fat free milk
24 mini-wheats
1/2 cup of white rice with lemon pepper
1/4 kielbasa link
5 oz prime rib - dry
1 cup crab salad
1 cup marinated mushrooms
1/2 cup lettuce
>1 oz black olives - sliced
>1 oz pickled beets
>1 oz red beans
>1 oz onions - sliced
>2 Tbsps French dressing
1/2 a bite of "Temptation's" lasagna (does sniffing his soup count too? lol)
---------------------------------------
Total Caloric Intake:1,425


Exercise:
30 stomach crunches
45 minutes of intense stretching
Turned the stairs to my front door into a workout (up 1 stair, down 1, up 2 stairs, down 1 etc)
---------------------------------------
Total Caloric Burn: 280


(p.s. to Subscribers:  Sorry for editing this post like, 8 times yesterday.  I'm trying to start the post in the am before work and save it without publishing.  That way each post will only get published once, right before bed.  But I hit the "publish" button on accident yesterday.  Bear with me, I'm learning.)

1 comment:

  1. it's ok to publish more than once day, too :)

    I enjoy your Hobbit analogies :)

    ReplyDelete