Sunday, November 28, 2010

Home Safe & Sound

Well the Thanksgiving weekend is all but over and I am back home safe and sound.  More eating on the road today because we woke up to snow on the ground and more falling from the sky and feared getting into weather trouble so we bounced out of bed and hit the ground running without time for a wholesome breakfast.  I'm sure it's going to make the rest of the day tough on calories but the added bonus of laying around the house doing nothing today except my hour of exercise will certainly help.  Left the Wii fit board behind at mom's so I guess I'll break out the Dancing With the Stars tapes (finally!) to keep me moving until I go back to see her again at New Years.

I did some deep, honest with myself, eval of my weekend food last night with the help of "Temptation".  I don't necessarily think I was as successful regarding holiday eating as I had wanted to be but I most certainly didn't go overboard either.  At least I don't think I did.  I had the added bonus on climbing the stairs at mom's at least 5-6 times a day too and the Black Friday shopping was quite vigorous.

Back to the grind stone though, back to counting like it's a religion.  I finally got the shake weight I wanted as a belated birthday present from mom too so there's no reason I can't break that out for an hour a night while watching TV.  Behind on school assignments though, they're due tonight and I haven't even started so I'm signing off for the day to get them done.  (Time of Writing: 9:59 AM)

Food:
4 glasses of water
1 small banana
2 16 oz coffees with creamer
1 breakfast sandwich from jack in the box
1 single-serving carton of orange juice
1 Hershey's snack pack
1 cup of spicey tom yum soup
5 steamed pork pot stickers
1 Snickers 90 calorie ice cream snack
1 Reeses 100 calorie snack stick
----------------------------------
Total Caloric Intake: 1482

Exercise:
20 minutes packing up the car (bags, tv, luggage, cooler, dog, etc)
3 flights of stairs (1 at moms and 2 at home unloading the car)
30 minutes consistent shake weight exercise (18.3 calories per minute according to the website)
----------------------------------
Daily Caloric Burn: 682

3 comments:

  1. Hey :o) I'm not sure how you are counting your calories burned.. bodybug?. Or just guessing? I can tell you that it takes an HOUR of jogging at 5.3 mph to burn just over 600 calories (according to my treadmill). I can't imagine the activities you listed would move you enough to work up a decent sweat. I'm not trying to be mean, but you might want to take another look at how you ar calculating your calories. Just trying to help. I've been at this awhile and I've lost around 100 lbs. I went from a size 20 to a 6. I know what I'm talking about. I will tell you, if you are 100% serious about loosing weight, throw those stupid shake weights away and move your whole body.. for as long as you can each day. And every day do a bit more. THAT is how you loose weight. Not shaking some stupid weight. I will also tell you that unless you cut the fast food and other crap from your diet, it will take you a very long time to achieve your goals. Best of luck to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lisa! Thanks for following. I'm using a website called CalorieCount.com to track my calories, both eaten and burned. I have had suspicions that the burn numbers might be off but, so far, I'm losing weight so something must be working for me.

    I thought you might be interested in this article about a guy who lost weight eating snack cakes simply by counting the calories that he consumed with them each day. It was an experiment and he doesn't recommend it as a diet, of course, but the results were interesting none-the-less. http://www.cnn.com/2010/HEALTH/11/08/twinkie.diet.professor/index.html

    My goal for my weight loss is July, 2012 and, even at an average of 2 lbs per week I should reach that goal by April, 2012 so I'm ok with it taking some time. I know that cutting fast food out of my diet entirely is not something that I can realistically maintain in the long-term and I have concerns that depriving myself of foods I love will only lead to binge eating in the long run. That's why I picked the calorie method as apposed to health-food diets, which haven't worked for me in the past. Of course I know fast food has to be replaced by better foods for nutritional value and that is something that I am actively working on but as long as I don't exceed my caloric goal per day I've been doing alright so far. 13.5 lbs in 3 weeks is awesome in my book because it's better than anything I've ever tried before. When I stall out, as we all do eventually, I'll definitely re-evaluate my plan.

    Thanks for following my blog. I just want everyone to know that it's not here to boast or try to sway people to think the way I think or diet the way I diet. I'm just trying to exploit my fear of public failure and use it as motivation to succeed this time. I'm very happy to have your support, and grateful for it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did hear about that guy. Unfortunately, I think it just gives people hope that they can continue to fill their bodies with junk calories and somehow be healthy. I never thought I would be able to give up processed foods.. it was all I ate. I didn't get to be 240+++ lbs by eating salad you know :o) Cutting the refined sugar, flour, soda, and anything that comes from a resturant with a drive thru will change your life!! You don't have to eat super healthy to not eat crap. I started by switching to lean cuisines and cliff bars.. not super healty, but easy to count calories and def better than the shit they serve at jack in the box. It's small changes that you can live with that make the big changes. It takes time, you can't change everything at once. 2 pounds a week is perfect, even 1 pound a week. That is weight that will stay off!! It has taken me almost 3 years to loose around 100 lbs, but it took me 25+ to put it on. Once I started changing my food, that was when the weight started to come off.. that and getting serious about excercize. I went from just walking at the beginning of this year to jogging 2-6 miles most days- up until the weather turned to shit a month ago. Now I'm working back up to that on the treadmill. You can absolutely achieve your goals. You're only 28... I had to be 41 before I changed things. So many years of wanting to be thin... just wasted. If I could give you just one thing to do that would help you more than anything it is to avoid refined sugar, flour and high fructose corn syrup if at all possible. Once you can cut most of that out of your diet, it will change your metabolism, cut your carb/sugar cravings to next to nothing (aside from pms issues), and will give you extra calories to work with so that you can fill your body with nutritious fuel to help you workout and achieve your goals. You also won't feel deprived, because you will loose your cravings/taste for crap food. Yes!!! This is true!! And there may even come a day where you would just as soon go to fast food as you would to wake up and shave your head lol. At least that's how I feel. It can be done!!

    ReplyDelete