Thursday, March 15, 2012

Restless and Bored

Snackers can't drive, he can't play video games, he can't go to work ... hell he can't even make a sandwich.  He's getting restless, bored, and angry with life.  He came into my office while I was working yesterday about a dozen times looking for me to entertain him and then hovered around my door after work while I was trying to finish school.  He tried to cook dinner and I heard crashing noises and cursing from the kitchen as he realized what a handicap having one hand can really be and it was pissing him off.

I helped him cook dinner instead of just doing it on my own because he needed to feel like he could accomplish something, then I cleaned up and he wanted to "snuggle".  I said I'd give him 30 minutes and then I had to exercise but when the time came he held onto me and said "just 30 more minutes, read your book to me".  Now I know he's bored.  Snackers HATES reading.  So I read to him and although we usually do 1-2 chapters at a time, he had me read 10 last night before I finally insisted that I was going to lose my damn voice if we didn't take a break.

I finally went out to get on the treadmill and Snackers followed me to the garage wanting to put Vladdy on the treadmill.  He freaked out a little and we had to continually encourage him to keep walking but he got into a groove when we figured out the speed that was most comfortable for him.  After five minutes we put Piper on it because she'd been watching him like she wanted a turn and I swear she thinks it's fun.  I didn't even have to put a leash on her she just jumped on and went for a walk.  When she jumped off we put Vladdy back on for another five, then I jumped on for a three minute run and Snackers stood there, trying to talk to me about college basketball while I was running ... which so doesn't work.  Then he asked me to help him wrap his splint so that he could take a bath ... right in the middle of my work out.  So I turned the treadmill off and came inside with him and then he changed his mind about taking a bath and wanted to snuggle some more.  I thought I was going to have to handcuff him to the bedpost just to get away long enough to take a shower.

*sigh*  I know it must be hard for him to not be able to do anything but stare at the TV all day and I'm sure he's bored and restless but with finals coming up next week and the week after he's going to have to learn to give me some "me-time" to handle my own responsibilities.  And today is our anniversary so I don't know what to expect from him tonight.

Oh yeah, one more thing.  I forgot to weigh on Monday because of the impromptu rush to the Dr.'s office so I weighed yesterday and was at 235.5.  YAY!  That's down another half-pound from Saturday and a 1.5 lb loss from my last "official" weigh-in so I'm posting it baby!




Food:
140 oz of water
1 cup of coffee w/creamer
1 fish burrito (breakfast)
1 healthy choice lunch
3 tuna rolls
1 mochi ball
-------------------------------
Daily Caloric Intake: 1281




Activity:
Yoga: 30 minutes
Running: 5 sets for 3 min @ 5 mph
--------------------------------
Fitocracy Points: 152

4 comments:

  1. I can remember Ralph having to tie up my hair for work. And I have to admit we ate a lot of take out :(
    It will be over soon and all will be back to normal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now you know what it's like to have kids----

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking at your movement today. What do you classify as a set? 3 min run then 3 min walk? Just curious. You know me by now. MrsNosey LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Swan: No I was just trying to get my 10 min run in as fast as possible so I did 2 min runs (3 was a typo I didn't notice until now), then just stood still long enough to get my breath back and then ran some more.

    ReplyDelete