Friday, March 9, 2012

Much Better!

Yeah buddy!  I woke up yesterday and got right into my work-out clothes before work so that, just like Monday, when I got off work I'd get straight on the treadmill and it worked!  Snackers was bugging me to "make it quick" though because he got a tip at work yesterday and wanted to go out for dinner.  *sigh*.  I did a 5 minute warm-up walk and then ran for 2 minutes instead of just 1.  Wow!  I don't think I've ever run anywhere for 2 minutes straight before in my life!  I then walked for 8 minutes because after 5 I was still huffing and puffing too hard from the previous run to do another one.  I was planning on a 30 minute work out but when I got to the 30 minute marker I'd only run for 8 minutes all total and I wanted to do 10 like I'd done on Monday so I kept going.  I finished off with a 5 minute cool down walk and then came into the house and collapsed on the nearest seat.  I couldn't believe how tired I was!

And not just after the work out, I got my breath back but I felt physically drained and completely exhausted the whole rest of the night and ended up going to sleep at 8:30.  I'm not sure if that was because of the work out or because of Vladdy waking me up every night this week - probably a little bit of both.  He woke me up again this morning at 2:30 a.m. and I just put him outside and left him out there.  The wind died down and it warmed up a little in the later part of the afternoon yesterday.  It was still butt numbing cold but he has got to learn that he can't be waking me up every morning like this.  His tummy troubles were over yesterday so now I think he's just gotten into the habit of realizing he can whine and we'll let him outside to play in the middle of the night and then bring him back in when he gets cold.  Oh no.  So he spent the entire night outside.

When I woke up this morning his ears were cold but he was in extremely high spirits and EXTREMELY happy to see me.  He was bouncing all over the yard like he thought he'd been exorcised from the pack and wanted to prove that he was worthy to be back in.  When I let him into the house he went straight to his kennel and waited, eagerly, for me to open the door - then laid right down and curled up.  I guess maybe he learned to appreciate being inside at night.  A lot of dogs don't have it this good so I'm glad he's realizing that the other side of the glass isn't fun when it's dark outside.





Food:
120 oz of water
1 cup of coffee w/creamer
1 can hearts of palm
1 healthy choice lunch
1 chicken pot pie
2 slices of garlic bread
------------------------
Daily Caloric Intake: 1307




Activity:
Yoga: 30 minutes
Push-ups: 100 (5 sets of 20)
Bicep Curls: 150 (5 sets of 30 each arm)
-----------------------------
Fitocracy Points: 512

No comments:

Post a Comment