Friday, March 2, 2012

Guilty

It's amazing how guilty sitting on my ass for one day can make me feel after a week's worth of being active.  In addition to my forearm everything pretty much seized up in protest during the final hours of work ... which is especially odd because I did yoga at lunch and felt better for about an hour but after sitting at my desk for that hour all hell broke loose, starting with a muscle between my shoulder blades just below the base of my neck that was threatening to pinch a nerve every time I moved my arms.  I KNEW that if I got up and got my happy butt on the treadmill it would loosen everything up and I'd feel better but when push came to shove I just sat on my ass feeling sorry for myself.  Snackers was no help, he was sore too and became the biggest proponent for sitting around doing nothing, even when I suggested more tennis or some basketball or taking the dogs to the dog park.  Not that I'm saying it's ALL his fault because I easily could have gotten myself up without him but I didn't and I felt like shit about it all night.

Today is a brand new day though ... I just have to make sure that I don't make the same mistake twice in a row I guess.  I am going to HIGHLY recommend tennis yet again for anyone looking for a new way to shake things up.  It's fun, it's athletic, and if you can find someone who really doesn't care too much about "rules" it's something that ANYONE can do.  If you set a goal for how many times in a row you want to hit the ball over the net and then focus on that goal (and increase it as you accomplish it), you don't realize you're ever exercising.  When you're not very good and you really want to make it to a certain number you find yourself really hustling your butt all over the court to get that volley, even if the ball would be considered "out of play" in a normal game.  It's very fun!

Book Update: For those of you counting with me (and I know for a fact that some of you are) the previously reported number of downloads on my books was only for amazon.com.  I just realized this morning that I wasn't counting the downloads from amazon.uk so the current download total as of this (Thursday) morning is 957!  I just might break 1,000 over-all! YAY!






Food:
140 oz of water
1 cup of coffee w/creamer
1 granola bar
1 healthy choice lunch
1 serving skirt steak (grilled)
1 serving roasted potatoes
1 mini-crescent roll
------------------------------
Daily Caloric Intake: 1057




Activity:
Yoga: 30 minutes
Sprints @ the dog park x 2
Tennis: 30 minutes
Jogged home from tennis w/o stopping
-----------------------------------
Fitocracy Points: 207

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on all the downloads! I can't imagine how great it must feel to know that many people are interested in your writings. I have always, and well honestly still have a desire to write a book one day. Sadly I don't seem to have the determination to just sit the hell down and write...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your book downloads!! That must be so exciting! Are they going to be available for the Nook at some point?

    When the muscles tighten up that way in your back/shoulder area, simple shoulder toning exercises with a light weight (2lbs) will help relax the muscles and take the pain away in about 5 minutes. Happens to me sometimes and it's what the personal trainer told me to do; it works.

    Living in my Magic Garden

    ReplyDelete