Thursday, March 29, 2012

Building A Routine

Yay for yesterday being the second night in-a-row that I did my treadmill routine!  I have a wedding coming up and even though I know that Snackers thinks I look hotter-than-ever, I know I can do better.  I remember college: angel flights, hipster jeans, bikinis, and shorts.  *sigh*  My favorite outfit in those days (yes, I went to a lot of raves back then and I drank a lot but, believe it or not, I never did or even saw anyone else doing drugs back then) was black leather pants, a black halter top, black high-heeled combat boots, a black leather trench coat with faux fox fur around the neck and cuffs (I cut the fur off of a thrift store pea coat and added it to the trench myself), leopard print gloves and a high-and-tight Gwen Stefani style long blond pony tail.

I probably wouldn't start dressing like that again even if I got to that size (let's face it ... The Matrix isn't the trend-setting box office hit that it was then) but I was never afraid to march to my own drum and dress outside the box either.  I don't know what it's called but lately I've been fascinated by style that is gradually increasing popularity though still very unique.  Most of the time I see women with shiny black hair that have it up in freedom rolls or do-rags wearing bright red lipstick with corsets or cotton polka dot halter style dresses that feel reminiscent of the 1930's but carry a modern twist on them.  I have neither the hair, not the figure for this style but every time I see someone flaunting it I wish I could join them.  It's very ... strong and feminine at the same time and I really like it.

Mostly, when I've lost the weight that I want to lose, I will probably continue to shop at Walmart because I'm too much of a money miser to justify paying the prices asked by most other retailers but ... I might just splurge on a few fun items for my closet - who knows.  Right now ... it's all about the dress and March 2013.




Food:
120 oz of water
1 cup of coffee w/creamer
1 granola bar
1 healthy choice lunch
3 cevice tostadas
1 cup trail mix
1 weight watchers ice cream bar
--------------------------------
Daily Caloric Intake: 1387




Activity:
Yoga: 30 minutes
Walking: 6 reps for 9 min @ 3 mph
Running: 6 reps for 1 min @ 5 mph
--------------------------------
Fitocracy Points: 207

No comments:

Post a Comment