Monday, March 26, 2012

Busy Day

I wrote a one-line post on Friday morning on account of the fact that it wasn't even work hours yet and my work phone was ringing like crazy so I had a feeling that it would be a busy day and it was ... in fact it was a busy weekend so here are the cliff-notes for the weekend.

Friday we got answers re: Snackers' surgery.  His tendon was 98% cut so they had to do some serious surgery on him.  The surgery took longer than planned due to the unexpected extent of the damage and the Dr. was already late getting into another pre-op so he didn't come talk to me because he was in a rush.  The nurses were jerks to me because, and they actually admitted this, they lost his HIPPA form that gave them permission to talk to me and couldn't remember if I was on it or not so they took the side of caution.  As it turns out the Dr. also switched Snackers' pain meds after the surgery because he knew that with the amount of work he had to do, the pain was going to be pretty bad and the new meds make him hyper (I'm like that with penacillin) so that's why he was bouncing off the walls.  They also had to give him a muscle relaxer because his middle finger started having muscle spasms that were not only painful, but could have slowed his healing time.

When I got off work on Friday we had to run to the pharmacy to get the muscle relaxers and David's Bridal is in the same parking lot so we headed over there but it was a horrible, overwhelming, daunting experience for me and I ended up doing a once-through of the store without really looking at anything and then left, and broke into tears in the parking lot, then came home and ate a Klondike bar (yeah, I know ... totally counter productive and stupid but emotional moments lose all sense of rationalism).

Saturday there was supposed to be a dress-swap at the local rec center so we got up and headed over there with my old prom dress from 2001 only to discover that it had been canceled.  On the way home, however, we passed another dress shop called Alfred Angelo and I decided that, at the very least, I needed to get over my fear of trying on dresses so we headed in and I vowed that I would try on at least 3 dresses, even if I didn't like them, just to face my fear.  I'll post more details about this experience in today's post later but, suffice it to say, we found the dress!!  YAY!  From there we had breakfast, took the dogs to the dog park and then Snackers needed to rest so we came home and I weeded the back yard, took out the trash, watered the trees, and then browsed for a wedding corset for under the dress while he relaxed.

Sunday we got up and headed straight over to my long overdue visit with an eye doc, got a prescription and then went to Wal-Mart to look for frames.  The op-shop wasn't open yet though so we browsed bottles for the sand ceremony and other wedding related stuff and made our grocery list while we waited.  I found some frames and got my new glasses ordered (YAY!  No more headaches!) and then we did our grocery shopping.  Came home - put everything away and sat down to relax for a minute and ended up falling asleep for two hours.  Woke up, made supper, took the dogs to the park, and then Snackers had me read to him until bed.





Friday Food:
120 oz of water
1 cup of coffee w/creamer
1 granola bar
1 fish burrito
2 california rolls
4 pieces shrimp nigiri
1 klondike bar
--------------------------
Daily Caloric Intake: 1402




Friday Activity:
Yoga: 30 minutes
Walking/Browsing: 30 minutes
--------------------------
Fitocracy Points:  124




Saturday Food:
150 oz of water
1 cup of coffee w/creamer
1 bagel, dry
1 serving corned beef hash
1 serving pico de gallo
1 chopped salad
----------------------------
Daily Caloric Intake: 1375




Saturday Activity:
Walking/Shopping: 1hr 45 minutes
Walking/Sprints @ the dog park: 45 minutes
Yard/house work:  1 hr 30 minutes
---------------------------
Fitocracy Points: 61




Sunday Food:
120 oz of water
1 cup of coffee w/creamer
skipped breakfast entirely (oops, not intentional)
2 chicken tacos (the ol' CTNT recipe)
3 shrimp ceviche flats
2 weight watchers ice cream bars (bad I know)
-------------------------------
Daily Caloric Intake: 872 (and yet still waaaaaay low due to skipping breakfast)




Sunday Activity:
Walking/Shopping: Costco - 30 minutes
Walking/Browsing: Wal-Mart 1 hr
Walking/Shopping: Groceries - 1 hr
Walking/Sprints: Dog park - 1 hr
--------------------------------
Fitocracy Points: 53

No comments:

Post a Comment