Monday, May 30, 2011

Rememberance

Today is memorial day and although it has become somewhat synonymous with grilling, playing, and having fun it is important that we remember the nature and purpose of this 'holiday'.  I am glad that I have today off of work and I am hoping to do something fun today, I'll be honest, but there is a long history of military service in my family and memorial day always reminds me of the stress, fear, and worry that my family experienced each time one of our loved ones has gone to war.

My oldest brother served in the army during desert shield and desert storm.  My other brother was serving in the navy when President Baby Bush declared war on terrorism.  My mother's father served in the marines during the Viet Nam war and my father's father served in the military but I'm not really sure which branch or whether or not it was during war time.  We have been very lucky that all of our loved ones who have gone to war have returned home without major injury but so many families are not so lucky and my heart really goes out to them, especially today.

May those who risk their lives in service of freedom and justice, and the families who support and love them, be blessed and respected by those they've sworn to protect.  May we all take at least a few moments today to remember those that weren't so fortunate and to silently thank them for their sacrifice.



Food:
6 glasses of water
1 cup of coffee w/creamer
1 egg scrambled w/blue cheese crumbles
1 crescent roll
1 glass of reisling
1 foot long chicken sub
>>the usual but w/o mustard (forgot it)
---------------------------------------
Daily Caloric Intake: 1,069



Activity:
4 flights of stairs
Swimming: Took Vladdy to the lake, left Piper home because she hates water.  Vladdy enjoyed it a lot but only liked the water in small doses.  He enjoyed eating ice a lot more and he was such a GOOD boy today!!!  We had a really awesome time.

No comments:

Post a Comment