Wednesday, February 29, 2012

It's Here!!!

The proof for my latest book arrived in the mail yesterday and it looks beautiful!  It's quite a bit thicker than I thought it would be and Snackers got so excited after seeing it that he asked me to read it to him.  He doesn't read ... like seriously the last time he picked up a book was in high school because he had to.  I figured he'd get bored after the prologue but he just had me keep reading until finally I was the one who said "We need to go play tennis before it gets too cold to go".  Just a reminder, all three of my books are free today on Kindle and you can read kindle books on any computer, iPad, iPhone, etc. with the Kindle ap.

For those of you that want to read it but aren't into e-books it will be available in book stores soon.  I actually found out that it is cheaper to order Dhampiri through Barnes & Noble than it is to buy it from Amazon.com or my publisher.  The price of the book is the same in all three places but Barnes & Noble won't charge you S&H if you order it through your local store and then pick it up from them so you'll save a few bucks that way.  They say it takes about 4-6 weeks before a new pub is available in stores so I'll keep you posted if you want me to.

Tennis last night was A BLAST!!!!  It was cold and windy and it started to rain on us shortly after we got on the courts but we kept playing anyway.  This was my very first time ever attempting to play tennis and am NOT good at all and Snackers isn't great at it either so we didn't keep score and we didn't stick to the rules - we focused more on getting the ball over the net and getting a good volley going with it.  Snackers kept saying "We gotta get to 10" so we kept counting every time we would hit it over but the longest volley we had was 9.  That's ok, we both had fun and can't wait to go back and try again.

The really cool thing about tennis is that if you get so concentrated on trying to just get that volley going you don't realize that you're exercising or even breathing hard.  We had three balls so we'd play them all and then gather them up and go at it again so when we'd stop to gather the balls I'd realize I was tired but while we were actually playing I was running and diving all over the court just trying to keep the ball in play.  It reminded me of a grown-up version of the game we always played with a balloon when we were kids - only one rule, don't let it touch the floor. lol  Of course we let the ball bounce, as many times as we needed, as long as we could hit it over the net.  It was a really good time and judging by the MONSTER charlie horse I got in my right calf last night when I went to bed - I'd say pretty damn good exercise.  You never see fat tennis players, after all, do you? lol




Food:
130 oz of water
1 cup of coffee w/creamer
1 fruit shake
1 healthy choice lunch
1 can hearts of palm
2 home-made mini pizzas (cook this not that)
-------------------------------
Daily Caloric Intake: 869




Activity:
Yoga: 30 minutes
Tennis: 45 minutes
Walking: 45 minutes
-----------------------
Fitocracy Points: 250

No comments:

Post a Comment