Friday, February 17, 2012

The Pizza Matrix

When we were putting together our grocery list for the week Snackers announced that he wanted to make home made mini pizza's on English muffins like his mom used to make when he was a kid.  My first reaction was "sounds unhealthy" but I looked up the Pizza Matrix in Cook This, Not That and low-and-behold there they were!  So we each got our own toppings and, last night, had a little pizza party.

I counted the calories on each whole English muffin despite the fact that we cut them in half to make the pizza's because I could only fit about a half-serving or less of each ingredient on one half so it was easier than trying to divide everything when I was just going to eat both halves anyway.  Did that make sense?  It did to me.

On mine I had 1/8th of a cup of spaghetti sauce (so 1/16th on each half), 8 slices of turkey pepperoni, a few pieces of chopped up hearts of palm, and 1/6th of a cup of shredded cheese on the top.  Each muffin (wholes, not halves) came out to 260 calories.  Not bad!!!!  Except Snackers got shredded parmesan when we were shopping instead of shredded mozz so the cheese turned kind of golden brown on top instead of melting.  Ironically, he hated them and I thought they were awesome.




Food:
120 oz of water
1 cup of coffee w/creamer
1 granola bar
5 oz prime rib, dry
1 foot long subway chicken sub
--------------------------------
Daily Caloric Intake: 1195




Activity:
Yoga: 60 minutes (2 sessions)
Walking: 2.5 miles (semi-sorta hiking)

No comments:

Post a Comment