Friday, February 11, 2011

A Strange Dream

Well last night I had an appointment immediately after getting off work that last about two hours, when I got done I came home and Snack Monkey and I made supper together.  We made a Hawaiian crepe recipe from Cook This, Not That! but we subbed the ham for chicken and the peppers for mushrooms.  They were really, really tasty!  He had the chicken already cooked when I got home from my appointment and had leftover crepe batter in the fridge from when he made breakfast crepes the other day so once I had changed my clothes I started to work chopping up the chicken, mushrooms, jalapeno, and pineapple chunks and then cooked that all up in the skillet as directed in the book.  After that was done I moved the filling to a large bowl and he took over at the skillet making crepes while I added the ricotta cheese, salt, and pepper to the filling and then started dicing up the tomatoes and warming up some white sauce to go on top.  I didn't put white sauce on mine, just tomatoes, but snack monkey pretty much drowned his with white sauce in true Snack Monkey fashion.  Hey if it gets him stoked about healthier recipes and cooking more power to him!

So here is a picture of Snack Monkey flipping a crepe.  I wanted to get a picture of the crepe in mid flight but I just couldn't get the timing right on my camera phone.  After we made and ate dinner I cleaned up the kitchen and washed all the dishes because it just looked too pretty after last night's dinner to screw it up by leaving a mess.  By the time all of that was done I was pooped, crepes are messy things to make!  I worked on the blanket I'm making for Snack Monkey until bed time and then I had the strangest dream!  In my dream I was in this huge dorm hall but it was really old and everything was made of this beautiful wood like the floors, the banisters on the stairs and even the paneling on the walls, like what you might expect a dorm hall at an ivy league school to look like.  In my dream I knew that I was having a dream but it started out a good dream where I was hanging with, pretty much, every friend I've ever had like we were all at college together.  Then I looked out the window and saw a tornado, which isn't unusual I've had many tornado dreams before.  So I began running through the dorm hall on my way to the basement screaming "Tornado!  Tornado!".  Everyone in he dorm hall followed even though tornado's are all but unheard of around here and as we ended up in the basement I realized that I was having a nightmare and started trying to focus on waking myself up.  Except, and this is really hard to describe, it was my dream-self that realized she was having a nightmare and was trying to wake up, as in she expected upon waking to be in her bed in the dorm hall surrounded by friends instead of in my bed in my apartment next to Snack Monkey.

Eventually the nightmare ended and my dream-self was standing at a gas station in the rain in her pajamas and she thought she had woken up from the nightmare as desired but then people with guns pulled up and shot the guy that was pumping gas right next to her.  She screamed and jumped in the car with the shooters as if they were helping her escape from something else entirely.  Then she realized, again, that she was having a nightmare and started trying to wake herself up.

Eventually I woke up and, remembering back on the dream, the weirdest part of it was that it played out more like a movie than a dream.  I was viewing the entire dream from a third person perspective, as in I could see myself as if I were someone else standing there watching me.  But I could hear my dream-self's thoughts and knew when she thought she was having a nightmare and knew that when she started trying to wake herself up that she expected "awake" to be her version of it and not mine.  My brain didn't make any attempts to wake up at all.  In fact, I think last night might have been the first time in over a year that I slept through the entire night without waking up once.  Odd.  I wish I knew more about dream interpretation.



Food:
6 glasses of water
1 cup of coffee w/creamer
1 Fiber One Bar
1 slice leftover home made pizza
1 foot long chicken sub
>>whole grain
>>no cheese, light mayo
>>mustard and vinegar, no oil
>>tomato, onion, olive, cucumber
>>salt, pepper oregano
-------------------------------------------
Daily Caloric Intake: 1157



Activity:
Ab Crunches: 30 @ 40 lbs
Ab Crunches: 30 @ 50 lbs
Ab Crunches: 30 @ 60 lbs
Ab Twists: 20 @ 40 lbs (each side)
Treadmill: 2 miles @ 3.6 mph w/20% incline

2 comments: