Friday, February 4, 2011

Finals Approaching

Well this weekend is finals week for me in two classes: psychology and communications.  As of Monday I will be a college sophomore ... again.  My freshman year seems like it went so fast!  Much faster than it did the first time I went to college.  So far I am pulling an A in both classes, though psychology started out a little rocky; but this final exam is worth so many points in both classes that it could drastically affect my grade if I don't do really great work.  I think the psychology exam is a multiple choice and the communications exam is an essay.  That's a good thing actually because if the communications exam were multiple choice I'd be more worried, some of the material we've studied so far in that class has been very open to interpretation and my unprecedented bullshitting abilities have gotten me through a few close calls with it.

Snack Monkey wanted skirt steak for dinner again last night so he went to the grocery store while I went to the gym.  I must say, sending him shopping with a list turned out pretty good!  I lectured him about how he didn't need to buy more snack-food because he still had a slice of key lime pie and a pan of nilla wafers and vanilla pudding in the fridge, there were girl scout cookies in the freezer, there's a box of pudding and more nilla wafers in the cupboard, and he just had 3 cookies from Subway the night before last.  Turns out it worked!  Who'da thunk?  He did surprise me by bringing home all of the ingredients for pic de gallo ... apparently Mr. "I hate veggies" has decided that my home made pico is a new staple of life.  He doesn't even usually like pico, he doesn't even usually like salsa!  So even after an hour and 502 calories burned at the gym I came home and diced up tomatoes, onion, jalapeno, cilantro, and I added half a cucumber just for fun to see what it would be like.  The problem with pico is that once I've finished making it ... well actually there are two problems with it.  1) Once I finish making it I can't seem to keep my mouth off the damn spoon.  Every time I walked by the bowl last night I snagged a little bite, as did Snack Monkey, and now we have half as much pico as we did when I first finished making it.  2) Damn jalapeno juice gets into your skin like cayenne peppers and no amount of hand washing will obliterate it.  I tried to rub my eye last night after dinner and then I tried to scratch my nose about an hour later.  Horrible results, I promise.

Update: ACED THE PSYCHOLOGY FINAL! WOOOHOO!  That makes me want to celebrate tonight big time!  I think I did pretty good on the essay for Communications too, the professor in that class has given me 100% on every assignment I've ever turned in so I'm feeling pretty optimistic!

Food:
7 glasses of water
1 cup of coffee w/creamer
1/2 cup rice-a-roni
1/4 coffee flank steak (leftover) (lunch)
1 tbsp A-1 sauce
5 oz prime rib (dinner)
small dinner salad w/balsamic
1 cup steamed green beans
1 cup rice pilaf
1 dinner roll
8 oz reisling
-------------------------------------
Daily Caloric Intake: 1326



Activity:
Blew off the gym tonight to celebrate: Aced my finals and am officially a Sophomore, for the second time, with a 4.0 GPA.  Going to go watch a movie with Snack Monkey and go to bed early tonight now that I can finally, hopefully, get a good night's sleep.

4 comments:

  1. Congrats on your good greades! Rest up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. your grades are awesome! You should be so proud and congradulations on becoming a sophmore, I'll be returning to college soon too and I am a bit scared, I'll be a sophmore as well if all my credits transfer,you doing so well and maintaining weight loss gives me hope I can do the same, so thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome grades girl!

    I just wanted to also comment on one of your previous posts. You had commented that you were tired of the tracking and everything and I just wanted to say that I know it seems relentless but it is an investment in you and your health and you are WAY worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for your encouragement and support. I am convinced, now more than ever, that my mood was my body's way of screaming for nourishment and rest. More info on this will come in tonight's post.

    ReplyDelete