Monday, December 6, 2010

Fourth Wiegh In!

Well this morning was my fourth weigh-in and I felt pretty confident that I would see another loss because, in spite of being sick, I've had a pretty good week.  As I looked down at the 3 lb loss on the scale I couldn't help but sadistically wonder how much all of my congestion weighs.  *snicker*  I am torn because part of me doesn't want to risk falling out of the exercise habit due to being sick but the other part of me (and my brother's words of wisdom) know that I should be trying to stay down, get lots of sleep, and nourish my body so that it can fight off this stupid illness.  Each morning I wake up more sick than I was the day before and I'm starting to get really tired of it.  I would rather have a broken bone than an ear infection...truly.  I had so many ear infections growing up that I have a very close bond to them and I've had more than a few broken bones so I can honestly tell you that the ear infections, for me, are much worse.

Last night was crappy and pretty much sleepless, I woke up several times because I couldn't breathe and this morning I feel like a zombie but I still have to do school work and work-work.  When will someone invent a cure for the common cold? 



Food:
4 glasses of water
1 cup of coffee w/creamer
1 breakfast burrito w/side of salsa
1 banana
1 V8 Fusion
1 vitamin C chewable (5 calories)
4 oz beef roast
1 everything bagel w/2 tbsps salsa
1 foot long chkn sub (the usual, eaten in 2 svgs 4 hrs apart)
-----------------------------
Daily Caloric Intake: 1593

Exercise:
At the advice of my much loved readers, on hold until I get better.  *grumble*

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations! You must be so excitedd!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW WOW WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 17LBS!! GOOD JOB SHORTIE!!!!!! Sorry you're so sick, I know you got it from me. Lots of warm drinks with cayenne, Mucous Out really works to clear the head/sinuses/EARS. Also, are you putting some warm oil in your ear, just one drop? But be careful about NO exercise, b/c it will be harder to start up again; maybe at least go out for a 15-20 minute walk, in the fresh air, (put cotton in that ear), clears your sinuses/head, puts FRESH air in your lungs and honestly helps you to heal faster ----remember when your brother used to bundle you up when you were little and take you out for a quick walk -------it is good for you. Get better --- quick.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Marmie! I still don't see how you can get away with calling me "Shortie" when I'm taller than you but whatever. lol The ear infection hasn't happened ~yet~ but I live each moment dreading that it will. Yesterday we turned off the heat and opened all the windows for about two hours to let things "air out" in here. "Temptation" has been home from work for the past four days straight so he's already feeling better and, until today, I just kept getting worse. I went to bed around 7:30 last night and woke up at 6:45 this morning when the alarm went off. A full night of sleep w/o waking up did WONDERS! I'm not better, but I'm finally improving instead of getting worse. Thanks for the encouragement!

    Teresa: THANKS! I am stoked, I can't wait for that first 20 lb mile marker!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I rememebr I cried when I hit my 20 pound loss, it's a really specail thing!! You got this girll
    !

    ReplyDelete