Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Finally, A good day.

I went to sleep around 7:30 last night and, according to "Temptation" was "out-cold" until the alarm went off this morning.  He was in and out of bed several times and I remember slightly stirring each time but it must not have effected me very much because I woke up this morning feeling worlds better than I have since getting sick.  I'm still not better, but certainly improved.  The worst part is that my eyes just won't stop watering, the congestion and coughing I could deal with but the constantly running eyes are driving me INSANE!

I think another day or two of staying down, getting lots of sleep, and eating good will kick this stupid cold finally.  "Temptation" has been home from work for the past four days straight and he felt improvement both yesterday and today.  Now that I feel a little bit better I am able to get more excited about the weight loss I've accomplished so far.  Almost seventeen pounds!  That is just awesome!  That first 20 lb mile-stone is approaching and I feel more motivated than ever to keep going.  The entire past week I've found it extremely easy to eat lower calories, probably partly because I've been sick, but also probably because I am becoming accustomed to the new diet.  I'm fairly certain, however, that if my body is adjusting to fewer calories that is a good indication that my first plateau is probably just around the corner so I've been trying to decide what to do for my "caveman" day.

Of course a vigorous caveman work out is going to have to wait until I kick this cold completely so I may need to just deal with plateau for a little while until I'm all better.  But I can't help but weigh the wants of spending caveman calories on foods I miss (like pizza and other cheesy delights) against the common-sense of spending them on foods my body needs (like high protein).  I know that I will not be wasting them on fast food or junk food though.  I'm actually thinking an avocado ... "Temptation" has some in the fridge and the calories in them are so high that, to this point, I've avoided them but they do look mighty tasty.  I've also been desperately missing "Sweet Tomato" and have the urge to go on a salad-bar binge but if I do that I know I won't be able to count the calories effectively.

What food do I really miss more than any other in the world?  Cheese.  What I wouldn't give to eat black truffle pecorino, smoked gouda, crumbled feta, and dill havarti.  Nummmmmers.


Food:
4 glasses of water
1 cup coffee with creamer
1 red pear
1 banana
1 can progresso light chicken soup
2 dinner rolls (1 w/lunch, 1 w/dinner)
1/2 a white chocolate macadamia nut cookie
1/2 a medium avocado
8 oz boiled boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 cup white rice w/lemon pepper
1 Hershey's 100 calorie snack pack
-------------------------------------
Daily Caloric Intake: 1366

Exercise:
On hold until I feel better.  Staying down yesterday helped a BUNCH, as did all the extra sleep.  I should be back in the saddle soon.

2 comments:

  1. WOW, 20 POUNDS! Fantastic job!
    :D

    (brother)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not quite 20 lbs but getting close. Picture day is less than a week away and I have to admit, I'm getting pretty excited. I just posted a comment re: weighing last night and being down two more lbs from monday, then looked at the numbers and realized that was incorrect so I deleted it.

    Apparently I'm losing weight so fast that the numbers are confusing me, it's a good thing I'm keeping track of them on here or I would be playing havok on myself in my mind trying to keep them straight.

    ReplyDelete