Friday, December 9, 2011

Losing Balance

I'm starting to remember why I wanted to be a runner.  I've gotten to a point where a good, solid work out takes more than an hour to accomplish now with the resources that I have available to me.  With school getting progressively harder as I near graduation I'm finding it hard to balance my time for exercise.  The jumping jacks are nice because I can pop sets of 50 in throughout my day.  I've converted my breaks at work into exercise opportunities to compensate for my lack of evening activity.  But I'm having a really hard time finding and justifying the time that I need to do, for example, a 5 mile walk.  Last night on the three week challenge (which I haven't even really started since I've not had one successful week of following it yet) I was supposed to do a 5 mile walk with sprints but after supper I thought "I'll study for awhile and then go after Snackers leaves for his concert".  He left and I continued to study - rereading my previous chapters of java, writing every sample program in the book and then trying to modify them to do different things so that I could practice my own code writing instead of just copying something out of a book that someone else wrote, and started on a program of my own (a dumb and simple one) to challenge myself.  Before I knew it Snackers was pulling in the drive-way and I thought to myself 'gee that was a short concert'.  Then I looked at the clock on my computer and realized it was midnight and I'd been at my computer for almost six straight hours and had totally spaced on exercising.

I'm so tempted to take a break.  Not give up, but put aside the blog and the weighing etc.  I stopped weighing for awhile and it didn't do me any good, I know, but I was still logging and blogging and I'm starting to just get exhausted with how much time it's taking out of my day.  On the other hand I'm afraid that if I do that I'll start gaining again, which I don't want to do.  But then there's this relatively expensive education that I'm going to have to be paying for here soon, which likely means I'll be getting a second job (or paid internship if possible) which will take even MORE time out of my day.  *sigh*.  I am so exhausted and it sucks because I've not done anything really exhausting or substantial in almost a week.




Food:
100 oz of water
1 cup of coffee w/creamer
1 yogurt
1 fruit bar
1 healthy choice lunch
1 tbsp peanut butter
5 oz turkey kielbasa
1 serving rice
-----------------------------
Daily Caloric Intake: 1,218





Activity:
Jumping Jacks: 200
Another super busy day.

No comments:

Post a Comment