Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Improving

I thought I was feeling a lot better yesterday until I tried to do my first set of 50 jumping jacks first thing in the morning.  I made it to 25 but I was feeling weak and crappy by that time so I stopped.  I would rather give my immune system a chance to heal than worry about boosting my metabolism right now.  I managed to do three more sets of 25 here and there throughout the day, always feeling a little bit bad after finishing them but everything else is feeling more normal so at least that's good.

I'm looking forward to doing yoga today because my muscles are all sore and achy all over from being sick.  When I had a fever I was curled up in a perpetual ball and I couldn't seem to pry myself out of it so my hips had started to ache especially bad as a result.  Today they feel very tight and I even felt uncomfortable trying to soak in a hot bath last night as a result so I am hoping that yoga will help to loosen them up.

I lost some more weight, which is good.  Though I suspect that the majority of it was from being sick.  I actually gained back 1.5 lbs between Saturday and Monday morning but I am 100% certain it was hydration.  I was so bad off on Saturday that I couldn't hardly drink any water but, being sick, I was losing fluid like crazy.  Sunday I was able to keep down a bit more water and yesterday as well - though I had a very hard time even drinking my 60 oz yesterday.  I think that's probably why I'm still feeling a little bit off and I know that I need to replenish my hydration which will result in a bit of gain but it's a good, necessary type of gain.  Snackers got me a sports drink to help me with electrolytes but those things are just so sugary and gross that I can't bring myself to drink one.  I'm going to try to increase my activity today if I can do it without feeling like I did yesterday.  It doesn't help that I'm so sore everywhere though.  It makes motivation a considerable challenge.




Food:
60 oz of water
1 cup of coffee w/creamer
1 yogurt
1 healthy choice lunch
10 baby carrots
2 tbsps peanut butter
2 sushi rolls
------------------------
Daily Caloric Intake: 1,272






Activity:
Jumping Jacks: 250
Walking: 3 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment