Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Catching Up ... Again

I mentioned in yesterday's post that I spent two hours on Sunday working in the front yard cutting down a shrub, raking leaves and debri, moving the landscaping rock around etc.  Well I don't normally have problems with allergies but I think, with enough exposure, anyone can have a flare up now and then and that's what happened to me Sunday night.  I pretty much knew it was coming too because the shrub that I cut down was throwing off a TON of pollen, as was the one next to it.  The old decaying leaves and trash under the shrub disintegrated into a fine crunchy compost when I started raking it out which made it really hard to pick up and put in the trash cans, and by the time I was finished I could feel the grit sticking to my eyelashes.

I slept for maybe 30 minutes all total Sunday night, something Snackers can attest to since, unfortunately my sneezing and sniffing kept him awake for the first part of the night and then when I went into the guest room so that I wouldn't disturb him he kept getting up in the middle of the night to come in and check on me.  Poor dude.  I had an old box of benadryl that's been in the cupboard for who knows how long so I took one of those but it was just pointless.  My eyes were burning, my nose wouldn't stop running no matter how much I blew it, and my voice was just non-existent for several hours.

Needless to say that by the time 6 a.m. rolled around and I rolled out of bed (45 minutes before the alarm even went off) because I realized it was pointless to continue trying, I was exhausted yesterday!  I dragged myself through work and afterward I shoveled up a bucket of dirt and rocks out of the back yard for a friend.  We have an excess of both in our yard that, someday when we finally pay someone to level it out, will probably cost us about $2,000 to get it hauled away so if I can get rid of it one 5-gallon bucket at a time, even better!  Snackers had his follow up doc's appointment yesterday to get his stitches taken out but he is going to need physical therapy and at least another month to heal ... so imagine my reaction when I saw him walking around the back yard with a shovel in his good hand.

Me: "What are you doing?"
Him: "I'm gonna get some rock for *insert friend's name*"
Me: "You're going to shovel rock?"
Him: "Yeah."
Me: "Give me the shovel."

On the one hand, he's such a SCORPIO, and I am too so I get it.  We HATE being down against our will.  We hate being out of commission or feeling like we're "broken".  I get it, I am the exact same way.  BUT, I also know that we are probably the most likely sign of the zodiac to re-injure or make-worse a wound or illness because you can't keep us down without tying us up.  My mom went through HELL with me when I would get sick or hurt as a kid and she was a nurse for crying out loud!  Fortunately, he thinks it's kinda sexy when I go all strong woman and work hard at something (which is great because too many men would get all insecure and pissy about it instead) but he brought me water and then stared at my ass while I worked.  Fine with me.  I call that a win-win. lol


After the dirt was loaded into the car I ate dinner and crashed for the rest of the night.  I probably slept for something like 10 hours which, for me, is a lot in one night but I slept deep and it felt really good.






Food:
120 oz of water
1 cup of coffee w/creamer
1 granola bar
1 can hearts of palm
1 healthy choice lunch
1 bowl taco soup
1 weight watchers ice cream bar
---------------------------------
Daily Caloric Intake: 1467




Activity:
Yoga: 30 minutes
Made dinner, cleaned the kitchen, did laundry and then crashed.

No comments:

Post a Comment