Thursday, June 30, 2011

Sprinting with the Pack

Well I thought last night that I had bone spurs in my left heel but I'm thinking this morning that it's just bruised.  After work last night Snackers and I went to the hospital to visit our friend who had surgery on Monday and I stood in her room for a long time on chunky platform shoes.  The shoes have been in my closet for years but I just recently started wearing them again and according to the Wii balance board I put too much of my weight on my heels when I stand.  When I woke up this morning my heel was still really sore but it feels like bruise-type pain today and when I put my chunky shoes on to take the dog out it just got worse leading me to the conclusion that the shoes are the culprit.  That's good news because bruises heal faster and are a lot less complicated than bone spurs and it explains why my feet felt better after doing sprints in my sneakers last night - the sneakers gave me the extra support I needed and they're like Shape-Ups so they took the weight off my heel for awhile.

Sprinting last night was extra fun because, after watching Vladdy pace the living room for the better part of an hour in boredom, Snackers decided to join us.  He and I took turns sprinting up and down the grass with Vladdy so that he could get extra exercise by wearing us both out.  We didn't really wear him out, even with my 20 sprints and Snackers running him the whole length of the block and back several times but it did help and when we came in he laid down and went right to sleep on his pillow.  We've been able to leave him out of his kennel now for the second full night and it's been nice.  He's finally starting to learn to chew only on his toys and not to harass the cats ... as much.



Food:
8 glasses of water
1 cup of coffee w/creamer
1 Fiber One bar
1 Healthy Choice lunch
4 mini-steak tacos
4 tbsps coffee ice cream
------------------------------
Daily Caloric Intake: 1,207



Activity:
4 flights of stairs
Walking: 4 + miles (6,388 steps)

No comments:

Post a Comment