Thursday, December 1, 2011

Setting Things in Order

When Snackers and I first moved in to the new house in July we unpacked and put away almost everything, but there were a few little places where we had kind of slacked a bit because we didn't know what to do with or where to put certain things.  The coat closet in the living room, and the closet in the guest room became dumping grounds for those items.  My office also had two boxes of unpacked books because I couldn't figure out where to put my second book shelf and my first shelf was already full.  But we've got family coming for Christmas so last night after my walk he and I went on a cleaning binge together (I should have been studying but he was being insistent that I assist, so I did).

First we tackled rearranging my office to accommodate the second book shelf so that I could fully unpack all boxes and finally put my office in a finished order.  Next we tackled a couple of rubbermaid tubs fulls of misc. items that were hanging out by the front door because they wouldn't fit in the coat closet and made boxes to donate to good will and to the animal shelters (Vladdy's old collars that he's grown out of over the past six months mostly).  After that was done we attacked the closet, got rid of a few jackets, hung up the rest, organized the DVD and CD collections, as well as our board games and finally put the vacuum in the closet where it belongs.  After that we cleaned up some misc. stacks of papers that had accumulated on the coffee table, dining room table, and fireplace mantel.  I must say ... I'm quite proud of us.

We still have to do the closet in the guest room and a second sweep of the shelves in the garage probably wouldn't hurt but progress is progress!  Wouldn't you know it though, Snackers got me started on the project but then at 10:30 he sat down to play video games and left me to finish the rest of the mess by myself.  Figures.
P.s.: half of last night's walk was outside but the weather turned violently ugly on us and Vladdy kept spazzing out at every dry leaf that blew past or tree that gusted so I finished the rest by walking in place in my kitchen.  For some reason I always sweat more when I walk indoors than I do when I walk outside - regardless of whether it's hot or cold outside.  I think I pick my feet up higher when I walk in place and I also think I go a lot faster - probably more like a canter type pace.





Food:
100 oz of water
1 cup of coffee w/creamer
1 yogurt
1 fruit bar
1 healthy choice lunch
10 baby carrots, raw
2 tbsps peanut butter (w/the carrots)
2 homemade chicken tacos
1 chocolate chip cookie
---------------------------------
Daily Caloric Intake: 1,230





Activity:
Jumping Jacks: 300
Barbell Squats: 90 @ 20 lbs
Barbell Shoulder Press: 60 @ 20 lbs
Barbell Curls: 90 @ 20 lbs
Barbell Bench Press: 90 @ 20 lbs
Butterfly Press: 90 @ 20 lbs
Crunches: 200
Knee Push-ups: 100
Leg Lifts: 90 per leg
Yoga: 45 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment